Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #1

Inside Front Window Shades for F-450

I have a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS, I'm thinking that putting up the curtain every time is going to be a drag. I've looked at a few online shops, but thought I would just toss the question out to the group, before putting too much effort into the search.

I've looked at the wrap around exterior one's, but being vertically challenged would make that just too much. Much less, the wife is worried about peepers.

Also thinking about Floor matts.

Thanks in advance for some help.
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #2

I know you said you didn't like the outside covers but...we really enjoy ours. It slips over the tops of the doors, around the mirrors, under the windshield wipers. Doesn't really require reaching more than tops of the doors and the wipers. (We have the one that is one solid piece, not with the roll down covers that allow seeing through during the day--so you don't have to "reach" anything once it is installed.) It is completely private. It helps insulate the windshield from heat during the day (or cold at this time of year). It allows full use of the cab area inside. We usually leave it in place during the day, which has the disadvantage of not seeing out the front, but usually the front view isn't that great compared to the back or side. Camping World, I believe, doesn't have the solid piece ones. They are made by Adco and we got it from Amazon.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Retired on the weekends

I have the deluxe window cover, the screen is nice, but I wish I would have purchased the regular cover..

Link. Class C Windshield Covers

I found mine on amazon. Looks like they don't include your year, but I can't imagine they changed the design of the E-450 much at all.

I purchased a set of the huskyliner floor mats, they do a great job with keeping the gunk where it belongs. Again, amazon

Link. Husky Liners Classic Style Custom Fit Molded Front Floor Liner for Select Ford Models (Black):Amazon:Automotive

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #4

I purchased my floor mats directly from the Ford website. Fits perfectly.
2SGMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:31 PM   #5

www.easycurtain.com

We bought one of these and really like it. Takes about 60 seconds to install and much less to take down. Plus, the entire cab is still accessible. I've tried the curtain that came with the unit, as well as the exterior Adco cover, and the easy curtain just seems to work best for us.
Jstonecfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #6

We have an inside shade for our Class A. Installs in seconds and stays dry and clean. You appreciate that when you break down in the rain. All is dry.

Browse this site for ideas.

One Piece Interior Windshield Shades

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #7

I purchased my floor mats from Auto parts warehouse, they were expensive, like 65 bucks, but fit great, and great quality.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #8

I wish someone made the euro-style ones that are made for Sprinters. They are fantastic. They are mounted on the door and window pillars and take up almost no space. They are accordion folded, you just pull them across.

Yeah, a thousand bucks, though:
Sprinter Remi Cab Window Shades for 2007 - 2013
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #9

We have the one that is exterior. My job is to put it up(since I am the o e who wanted it), however my husband does agree that it blocks the sun as well. As already stated, it goes over the top of the door, around the mirrors and under the wipers. Easy to have up in less than 5. I still put the curtain up, but feel the windscreen cover gives us more privacy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app
javelins6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #10

Jstonecfi..........Can you be more specific about what you purchased? Thanks.
TomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
Jstonecfi..........Can you be more specific about what you purchased? Thanks.

My apologies, should be easycurtain.net. They're available for big rigs, as well as Class C-type motor homes. Given a choice between the original cab curtain, the Adco exterior shade, and the easycurtain, I tend to gravitate more toward the easycurtain for function and ease of use.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstonecfi View Post
www.easycurtain.com

We bought one of these and really like it. Takes about 60 seconds to install and much less to take down. Plus, the entire cab is still accessible. I've tried the curtain that came with the unit, as well as the exterior Adco cover, and the easy curtain just seems to work best for us.

Sorry for the wrong URL. The correct one is www.easycurtain.net
Old 01-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #13

I tried to put the curtain up but the DW made me take it down and get the outside one, she said it made he feel closed in with curtain up.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #14

I purchased the exterior wrap around cover. It is easier to install than the supplied interior cover. The interior cover also blocks access to the in dash entertainment system
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #15

Forgot to mention the exterior cover also blocks the sun which helps keep the interior cooler in the summer
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswing60 View Post
I purchased the exterior wrap around cover. It is easier to install than the supplied interior cover. The interior cover also blocks access to the in dash entertainment system

DW made a mod to the included cab curtain. Cut a couple slits up. Attached loops and buttons. We roll the slit up and button it in place (also buttons for when it's down). Allows us to access the Magnadyne much easier. Pic attached that kind of shows what she did.

For the folks that use an outside windshield cover, isn't that kind of a pain when there is dew on it or when it rains?

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1389564112.180290.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  3.3 KB
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post

For the folks that use an outside windshield cover, isn't that kind of a pain when there is dew on it or when it rains?

Attachment 44854

I keep a couple of old bath towels handy for wiping off power cord, etc. I just wipe down the cover and put it away damp. It will go back out on the windshield later the same day anyway. I usually leave it in place the whole time we are at a campsite and take down only when traveling. At home, we park in a storage yard and I put cover in place there also.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
Commercial Member

I've asked our curtain supplier to come in next week to see if we can come up with a "cab window only" option for the privacy curtain.

I think the outside mount ones might be a cleaner install....but one of the nice things about a motorhome is when you get to the site and its raining, just fire up the gen or push out the slides drink a beer and get to the set up when it stops. Plus I have skied in one and last thing I want to do is have it freeze to the outside.

Once we come up with something I'll be sure to make it available through parts.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #19

We have the cab window type on our present MH. It has soft velcro on it and it sticks to "velwasher" velcro dots that are screwed onto the plastic trim above the doors and windshield. The visors help hold it up too. Overall, I like it. It's light and simple. We also have a quilted plain colored bedspread which we can use to block the cab off from the rest of the house for cold nights. I will miss having the cab window one on our Sunseeker.
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #20

Never had much trouble with the wrap-around Velcro although like Paul mentioned it does block view of the Magnadyne DVD system - no big deal. I do also use a folding windshield shade - the foil kind. I use that on the inside windshield when the coach is parked and not in use and though to try it to block out light that made it through the curtain. Works very well. Keeps the cab cooler in the summer.
Attached Images

bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote