Old 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Inside Front Window Shades for F-450

I have a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS, I'm thinking that putting up the curtain every time is going to be a drag. I've looked at a few online shops, but thought I would just toss the question out to the group, before putting too much effort into the search.

I've looked at the wrap around exterior one's, but being vertically challenged would make that just too much. Much less, the wife is worried about peepers.

Also thinking about Floor matts.

Thanks in advance for some help.

Bill & Kay
Green Bay, WI
2016 FR Berkshire 38A
bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
I know you said you didn't like the outside covers but...we really enjoy ours. It slips over the tops of the doors, around the mirrors, under the windshield wipers. Doesn't really require reaching more than tops of the doors and the wipers. (We have the one that is one solid piece, not with the roll down covers that allow seeing through during the day--so you don't have to "reach" anything once it is installed.) It is completely private. It helps insulate the windshield from heat during the day (or cold at this time of year). It allows full use of the cab area inside. We usually leave it in place during the day, which has the disadvantage of not seeing out the front, but usually the front view isn't that great compared to the back or side. Camping World, I believe, doesn't have the solid piece ones. They are made by Adco and we got it from Amazon.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
RvBill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Retired on the weekends
I have the deluxe window cover, the screen is nice, but I wish I would have purchased the regular cover..

Link. Class C Windshield Covers

I found mine on amazon. Looks like they don't include your year, but I can't imagine they changed the design of the E-450 much at all.

I purchased a set of the huskyliner floor mats, they do a great job with keeping the gunk where it belongs. Again, amazon

Link. Husky Liners Classic Style Custom Fit Molded Front Floor Liner for Select Ford Models (Black):Amazon:Automotive
2008 Sunseeker 3120 DS

The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #4
I purchased my floor mats directly from the Ford website. Fits perfectly.
2SGMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #5

We bought one of these and really like it. Takes about 60 seconds to install and much less to take down. Plus, the entire cab is still accessible. I've tried the curtain that came with the unit, as well as the exterior Adco cover, and the easy curtain just seems to work best for us.
Jstonecfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
We have an inside shade for our Class A. Installs in seconds and stays dry and clean. You appreciate that when you break down in the rain. All is dry.

Browse this site for ideas.

One Piece Interior Windshield Shades

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
I purchased my floor mats from Auto parts warehouse, they were expensive, like 65 bucks, but fit great, and great quality.
Mike001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
I wish someone made the euro-style ones that are made for Sprinters. They are fantastic. They are mounted on the door and window pillars and take up almost no space. They are accordion folded, you just pull them across.

Yeah, a thousand bucks, though:
Sprinter Remi Cab Window Shades for 2007 - 2013
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
We have the one that is exterior. My job is to put it up(since I am the o e who wanted it), however my husband does agree that it blocks the sun as well. As already stated, it goes over the top of the door, around the mirrors and under the wipers. Easy to have up in less than 5. I still put the curtain up, but feel the windscreen cover gives us more privacy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app
javelins6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
Jstonecfi..........Can you be more specific about what you purchased? Thanks.

TomG is offline   Reply With Quote