Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #31

Javelins6..kswing60.. could you please define vacation pkg? I will check my GEICO policy.
Thanks

Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #32

Ok for the person who had Geico with no awning coverage, etc. sounds like you were sold a regular auto policy and not an RV policy. An RV policy will not have your cars on it and the best place to purchase it in many cases is online or via phone usually. The sales person should ask you questions about how much your unit was and discuss these coverages with you.

For the person asking about vacation coverage, it's called "emergency vacation coverage". It's $1,000 or more to house you and your family in the event your unit is not useable during your outing or in some cases can be used to get you home. This depends on the terms of your policy and each carrier covers it differently.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #33

Nope, RV coverage. They have a separate number for the RV coverage rep. We have had GEICO for over 20 years as well as homeowners. I called the number on the web for RV coverage, awning was never mentioned. We have great coverage with Good Sam, happy with them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #34

Thank you. I will check my GEICO policy. It is a separate RV policy.

Sent from my M470BSA using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 01-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #35

OK. I checked my GEICO policy and for the 2014 R it includes the vacation pkg, personal effects, emergency, RV medical plus road service. 50 bucks a month. I'll have to ask them about awning but since it's new I would think I have a normal warranty for defects etc at least.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #36

This has been a very informative thread. I will pick up a new 3010 DS sometime around the beginning of March. I called my State Farm agent and got a quote of about 53.00 per month. After reading this thread I'm going to ask whether this is RV insurance or not. I'll be picking up the camper in Florida and driving back to Utah, about 3000 miles. I'm skeptical about using a "new" insurance company. I've got 2 cars and a home with State Farm and have been with them over 35 years.

I've been thinking for a while of looking at new insurance companies. My wife of 7 years has been encouraging this for a while. She obviously doesn't have the same sense of loyalty to State Farm that I do.

Does anyone know if State Farm really does true RV insurance of just "car" for a RV ?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:10 PM   #37

I don't know what their policies "nuts and bolts" looks like but you wouldn't get your hair cut at a dog groomers. Insurance is no different from any other consumer product. Everyone will tell you their product is best. A smart consumer is the best consumer.....yes, even in insurance.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #38
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhroll24 View Post
This has been a very informative thread. I will pick up a new 3010 DS sometime around the beginning of March. I called my State Farm agent and got a quote of about 53.00 per month. After reading this thread I'm going to ask whether this is RV insurance or not. I'll be picking up the camper in Florida and driving back to Utah, about 3000 miles. I'm skeptical about using a "new" insurance company. I've got 2 cars and a home with State Farm and have been with them over 35 years.

I've been thinking for a while of looking at new insurance companies. My wife of 7 years has been encouraging this for a while. She obviously doesn't have the same sense of loyalty to State Farm that I do.

Does anyone know if State Farm really does true RV insurance of just "car" for a RV ?
In my personal opinion, State Farm is GREAT! My agent here in CA (don't know if it's the same everywhere), is so helpful in all our needs. He even got us set up with the loan from State Farm Bank, to get our new truck, which had the lowest rates around here. He always goes out of his way to help us, and you can't ask for better.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:07 AM   #39

I purchased a new TT last February and was going to go through my local agent Farm Bureau to get RV coverage until I asked him if I needed gap insurance. He told me that it was offered but he didn't sell it. GAP insurance for those that don't know is when you drive off the lot your vehicle no matter what it is drops in value. Your regular insurance will pay for the "value" of the vehicle if it is totaled not the loan amount. GAP insurance covers the rest. He told me to call the camper dealer that they usually sold it. I called and my seller said he doesn't sell it but some dealers do sell it as a way to make extra money. He recommended me to Gilbert RV Insurance. He said they have a policy that would cover GAP. He was right and it was almost $100 less than my local agent. If you total your camper in the first 5 years, they will replace it with another camper just like yours except a newer model year. After that they will just pay off what you owe. Theirs also covers the awning as well. It was a win win for me! I have been down the GAP road with a car before. My DW totaled a car and the insurance paid the value of the vehicle, but left us owing almost $1000 out of my pocket. I hated writing those monthly checks for several months to the bank til it was paid off! Never again. To make a long story short lol check out Gilbert RV Insurance. Just do a search online. You can enter all your information online and they will email you back with a quote.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #40

Just got a quote from Good Sam (National General Ins. Formerly GMAC) for $607 per yr. Any one have experience with them? Picking up
3010 this week end. Also got a quote from Allstate for $700 per yr. not sure if it's rv insurance need to check that out .

Tags
sunseeker