Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by bikerduo View Post
I will try that out. Now, I just have to take the TV down from the Center unit! I'm still smiling though.
Try an extension cord while you troubleshoot.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
Hello again.
Yesterday, I took down the TV, and found that the electrical outlet behind the tv is tied into that inverter, If inverter reset button powered off, then there's no tv, no power on the radio entertainment center receptacle & no power to the receptacle above the couch. I haven't got right in the overhead area, but these three are tied in to each other and now to find where from!
Far as the inverter power, I plugged the TV into a receptacle by the fridge and works perfect without the inverter.

bikerduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
Thats interesting. And may well be why your coverter cant keep up with the battery discharge rate from the inverter....maybe someone familiar with your exact model will chime in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
Yes, that would be nice.

thanks again
bikerduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
Had a similar problem with my brothers camper... Bad Power-supply for the converter/charger... Are the batteries fully charged?
osgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #16
I'm still confused since you mention an inverter for the television so I assume the television is a 120 volt that you are powering with an inverter (inverter will make a beeping sound when power drops too low).
Since you also mention you are on shore power the 120 volt supplied to the coach from the power panel is fine. It seems the trouble is the 12 volt. You replaced the batteries and found a lose connection for the power supply to the converter. I believe you have been mislead by the measurement of 13+ volts at the batteries. Batteries with no load are quick to recover the voltage without a charge and no load. Check the voltage of the batteries with a load on them. If the batteries are indeed low then the problem still lies with the converter. Could be a blown fuse (this will typically happen when positive from the converter contacts ground or reverse polarity). Since you seem to have "some" 12 volt (could be just lower draw off the battery) you might also have a fuse blown in the 12 distribution panel. You can tell an open fuse at the panel with the illumination of the LED next to the fuse.
Basically you have 3 power sources on the coach; 120 volt from shore power,12 volt from the battery, and 12 volt from the converter. Check each separately.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
Denver, CO
Whew, this is making me dizzy.

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote