Old 08-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #11

When my Sunseeker needed tires I found a half dozen brands that were the same size and losd range. I ended up with BF Goodrich which worked well for me. I liked the ride better than the original UniRoyal.

However, the local Goodyear Truck Center suggested heavier duty truck tires, they assumed my motorhome was much larger.

So take a look at heavy truck tires. Although I suspect the ride will be hardher.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
I assume you have the LTX MS2 like I do? According to Tire Rack they are rated for 2680 lbs each x 6 = 16,080 lbs. which would be 90% of capacity in your case.

These tires in a dual configuration are only rated at 2470 each. Total's 15,240.

. This is due to rubber aging, not capacity. This would be true even on your car. I just replaced a perfect-appearing set of tires on my car that were 7 years old (i was getting nervous).

So an engine running at 65% capacity will last the same length as one at 95% capacity??? Hmmmmm. I guess they don't make rubber like they used to.

Now having blabbed out my thoughts I do understand your concern and what you're thinking, however I believe that you'd be better off saving your money or spending it on something else.

Thanks for your comments.

Lot's of good comments so far. Thanks everyone. Do other car/truck/ big truck companies build in design tire capacity to be at 95% of the weight of the vehicle???

That is really my main concern. They are building double/triple slides with fireplaces and who know what other heavy items and are still putting the same size tires on these Class C rigs.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #13

Don't go past the age limit regardless of wear. Dry rot develops with age and is the primary cause of tire failure on RV's and boat trailers.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #14

Hankook

I don't know diddly about tires other than that age and dry rot is the enemy, but....

my trusted mechanic of many years (also an RV owner) put Hankook tires (sorry, I don't know the model and the rig is 35 min away) on my Sunseeker when the Michelins aged out. Those Hankook tires are still in great shape after 5+ years of service with not a hint of dry rot. My RV is stored in a mostly shaded spot but the tires are not covered. When it's time for a new set, I'll be sticking with Hankook.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #15

You need to go to a load range 'G' tire like the goodyear g614 or Sailun S637
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post

I assume you have the LTX MS2 like I do? According to Tire Rack they are rated for 2680 lbs each x 6 = 16,080 lbs. which would be 90% of capacity in your case.

These tires in a dual configuration are only rated at 2470 each. Total's 15,240. - You are correct, I stand corrected.

. This is due to rubber aging, not capacity. This would be true even on your car. I just replaced a perfect-appearing set of tires on my car that were 7 years old (i was getting nervous).

So an engine running at 65% capacity will last the same length as one at 95% capacity??? Hmmmmm. I guess they don't make rubber like they used to.

Depending upon engine design, yes and in fact it might not last as long. Trabants come to mind. Also, apparently I'm correct because no matter what tire you by and under any conditions it will be recommended that it be replaced in 6 years.

Please see additional comments, above.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #17

Tires

Did you have an alignment done. I was told by the dealer that the alignment is done on the cab chassis at the Ford/Chevy assembly without the coach on it. I was told to load the MH as it would be in travel and have the alignment done.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
Did you have an alignment done. I was told by the dealer that the alignment is done on the cab chassis at the Ford/Chevy assembly without the coach on it. I was told to load the MH as it would be in travel and have the alignment done.
That is explicitly stated in my Owner's Manual.
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #19

One year ago I had a set of LT225/75R-16 Cooper Discoverer HT3 tires, 115/112R, Load Range E on my Coachmen Concord 300TS, 30-Foot motor home. I love the ride these tires give. A lot better than the Michelins they replaced. Great tire. They are light truck tires. Go to Cooper Tires website and check them out. Also you can see your options on other Cooper tires.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #20

My c class have be running 235-85- 16 load range G for 5 years since I made the change it is a 30 foot with a slide. I just got a A Class 35 foot triple slide georgetown what a sight all the room needed and some.

Tags
class c, tire