Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #21

We have a 3050S.we had a few issues but not as many as this.We had some trim replaced due to nail pops,a major flaw in water tank which had to be replaced,screen door not right so new one ordered, as well as some issues with tire going flat due to stems.We did not get a folding table either and we had been pretty sure one came with it but thought we had been mistaken.I wonder if Mr.Clemens could clarify this for us as we didn't get it.
We are very pleased with our unit now that a few things got worked out and we found Mike K very helpful with this.I am sure you too will love your unit!
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #22
ARLO

Our flagstaff had three items. Screen door adjustment, window handle missing and a bad propane hose. The house we had built has no punch list a d only two nail pops. Our builder examined the contractors daily and we did also.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #23

Was this off a lot or special ordered for you. Sadly 1, 5 and 7 sound NORMAL. 4 might be something you should have seen and complained or accepted before you close the deal. 10 has been discussed on this forum and the majority say that is normal. AC and Mirco, especially the big micros in some units today will BLOW the breaker, unless you are really careful about other stuff, like Frig, even the Standard Dometics pull 4 plus amps and the electric water heater pulls bunches, while your converter/charger pulls probably 6 to 10 amps depending upon type. So I say 10 is normal DEAL. 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 seem like reasonable warranty things, but some should have been seen and fixed before you even took delivery. Lots easier to get their attention before the sale is a done deal and still manageable but it will be a struggle. 11 might just be a matter of learning how it is SUPPOSED TO WORK in order to make it work
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorT68 View Post
Alright, well now I don't feel that the only guy that got screwed. It's just bad business. The repairs are fairly minor, and they're going to have fix them anyway. Why not make a good first impression instead of sending a customer into the world with a bad first impression and a bad taste in their mouth.
The answer is COMMISSIONED SALES PEOPLE Not held to account and push you our the door the minute you sign and they are going to be paid. From then on WELL you missed the best window of time to get their attention to the issues, BEFORE YOU SIGN.

For those who think QC is a crime I invite you to look at AIRSTREAM very good QC, but I for one cannot afford them
Old 07-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #25

We have had our Crusader right at a year now and had a similar list after a couple of uses. My biggest disappointment is that I have learned how common these issues are on new units, this was our first new unit. I have also learned since joining the group that not all dealers are like ours. We have an awesome dealer that has taken care of ALL issues quickly and without any trouble. Like others have said just carry the unit back when you can and hopefully they will take care of your list to your satisfaction.

Camp as often as we can
Steven379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #26

My wifes list for our new TT was 2-3 times larger than that. We sent it in to the dealer in advance to try and get the approvals before we drop it back off.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #27
Commercial Member

You have to remember how much of that damage got done while sitting on the lot. How many shows was it in. I've watched customers break something (shower latch and fridge handles more often than not) and just walk out. Every fridge is the same, but everyone has to open them. Most novice users don't know how...they assume its like home.

As for the batteries. Anytime a deep cycle battery is allowed to drop below 50% it can lose some of its charge. So the 3 month thing is protection against dealers that have zero lot maintenance. I'd be curious how many of the units on the dealer lot are plugged in or fired up from time to time to work engine/charging, etc.

Over here, Freightliner requests to see logs on maintenance in order to honor the warranty on units that have been sitting on a lot.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #28

Wow, I was real lucky with my 2014 3010. Only 2 things that needed repair on delivery both found by the dealer. They ordered parts and got it fixed after 1st outing. After our 4000 mile trip south we found one more thing and dealer got it correspcted.
First was a flaw in the couch, second was the door adjustment. The megadyne unit was the problem after the trip south, faulty antenna was replaced. All is good now, and a happy camper��
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #29

And your dealer WAS???? LEt them have credit
Old 07-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #30

Longview RV in Windsor Locks,CT.

Just an update for everybody. I called service and asked to make an appointment for next week. I didn't want to wait till the factory had shipped the new cabinet door. So I'll have to go back when I winterize for some of the repairs that parts have to be ordered from the factory.

My appointment is Monday. 7/27

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:12 PM   #31

My dealer is DeHann RV located in Elkhorn Wisconsin. They are a small family owned RV Dealer.
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #32

Where did the jobs go??

Problems like this for new vehicles is similar to the U.S. auto industry in the 60s. The foreign car manufacturers began selling quality products and many workers wondered why the jobs and profits went overseas. This scenario is likely to happen with the RV business if the managers in Indiana and elsewhere do not wake up.
magpi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #33

Very sorry but oh so true!!

Quote:
Hi All:

There was so much wrong with my RV when I picked it up. I spent an hour inspecting it and writing up a tremendous "WE OWE" list with the dealer, and t hen found even more on our first trip. I know nothing is perfect, and I'm not a complainer, but does this seem ridiculous? My list is below.

Thanks all,

Bill

Date of Delivery 7/17/15
  1. Glue stains on ceiling throughout the RV
  2. Privacy curtain in bunk area - broken track clips
  3. Privacy curtain in bunk area - missing curtain holder on left side.
  4. Pantry Door - Deep gouge and a chip. Needs replacement
  5. Doorjam in bathroom area - nail holes visible in fabric
  6. Folding table in rear storage area - missing
  7. Trim above stove - insecure and not installed properly
  8. Instructional Stickers - hanging off. We removed them.
  9. Electrical outlet behind main TV in bunk area - does not work
  10. Microwave and AC blow circuit breaker
  11. Televisions - wired incorrectly. King Jack supplies signal to main TV though white wall plate. Cable supplies signal only through bottom terminal on brown plate. No cable possible in bedroom or outside TV.
  12. Refrigerator - latch does not catch and door can swing open.
  13. Exterior cable jack - cover tie worn and came off when removed to connect cable at campground.
  14. Pocket door - striker plate on door jam is not aligned with door hook.
  15. Screen door - very hard to close. Alignment was adjusted and found the door to be bowed outward.
I have to say that I am sorry you are having so many issues with your NEW coach. but on the other side of that coin is ( I am not surprised) This industry needs to make a HUGE effort to upgrade their attention to detail, and as I was told by someone inside when I took my coach back to the factory while still under warranty, when 2008 hit the rv industry, it hit very hard and most of the great people who had pride in the their job had to be let go, and if you read about all the huge rebounds in the rv industry since these dark days and most see an industry that has risen from the dark and made HUGE gains in so may ways that last year there were not enough drivers to deliver new coach's to dealers!

But what most do not see id that all the people that have been hired back are not those all time craftsmen they had because the company said they need to do it for "LESS" meaning the pay scale went way down, and this is what we all get for this.

I have purchased 4 new coach's from local dealers since 1998 and their has not been one that did not have issue, BUT the 1998 coach which was a Coleman pop-up had the least amount of issue, and while some might say well it had less, and yes it did but the next 3 coach's I purchased had a long list of issues, to the point that the dealer and the factory said they would not stand behind the coach (while still under 1 yr old) and had to get the NY attorneys general involved and had that coach purchased back, the next coach a Cedar creek had holes in the shower, knife cuts in the coaches, rips in the carpets, all was fixed but WHY? and I stated before the latest coach was taken back the factory and here I was say my cousins statement where it comes to rv's (yes he has a motorhome (Fleetwood revolution) and his saying is "When you purchase a new rv when you finish all the paperwork, inform them the send it back to the factory and (finish building it) " So yes it does not mater what brand for the most part or how much you spend, you have issues from new to end. Sorry to tell you but I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

And to that end I say Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #34

IMO the dealer is key here. The dealer should not even let it out with many of the defects mentioned. If you don't want to or are unable to do many repairs yourself then you better buy from a good local dealer. Remember if you buy from a dealer that is hours away you will spend much time and money just getting the RV to them. This being said it may be hard to find a good local dealer.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #35

DeHann is a very good dealer. Bought my new 2004 Coachamn Freedom from them, always Quick and reliable service.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #36

I bought my 2015 Lacrosse 329 BHT just over a month ago and I'm still doing odds and ends fixes. Two things to say though even though I was a little disappointed I would have to say over all I'm quite happy. Prime Time let me grab a local RV guy to come out and replace the broken digital heater board and they are going to pay for the labour. So for 45k CDN I can't complain about what I got at all. I was warned by my father in-law that there will be fixes as he has been a snowbird for many years and doing the camping thing for over 35 years.

Yesterday I watched how trailers are made on Youtube and now I'm totally not surprised at all the little mistake those guys make they move at an unbelievable pace.
cowboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
IMO the dealer is key here. The dealer should not even let it out with many of the defects mentioned. If you don't want to or are unable to do many repairs yourself then you better buy from a good local dealer. Remember if you buy from a dealer that is hours away you will spend much time and money just getting the RV to them. This being said it may be hard to find a good local dealer.
Well I think the factory shouldn't make this many mistakes, and the dealer should be another layer of quality control. There is absolutely no reason someone couldn't havering and fixed those issues before I saw the vehicle. They were very easy to spot.

I own a business, and I'd be embarrassed if it happened to me.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #38

Sorry Silverback, the OP's complaints reflect a lack of quality control that existed well before 2008. In fact, I believe it's always been there. When my DW announced she wanted to buy a new RV this time, I told her to expect many minor and maybe some major issues with my signature FW. She didn't really believe me. Now, sadly, 8 months later, she's a believer.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Well I think the factory shouldn't make this many mistakes, and the dealer should be another layer of quality control. There is absolutely no reason someone couldn't havering and fixed those issues before I saw the vehicle. They were very easy to spot.

I own a business, and I'd be embarrassed if it happened to me.
I don't disagree and I'm all for American made products but like cars of the 60s and 70s, until some foreign competition comes in Quality in RVs will not change much because there is no incentive or need to change.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #40

But there is usually a company that does a better job than the rest. Winnebago? Airstream? Are there other manufacturers that I wouldn't have such a problem with?

Tags
repair, repairs