Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #21
We have a 3050S.we had a few issues but not as many as this.We had some trim replaced due to nail pops,a major flaw in water tank which had to be replaced,screen door not right so new one ordered, as well as some issues with tire going flat due to stems.We did not get a folding table either and we had been pretty sure one came with it but thought we had been mistaken.I wonder if Mr.Clemens could clarify this for us as we didn't get it.
We are very pleased with our unit now that a few things got worked out and we found Mike K very helpful with this.I am sure you too will love your unit!

sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #22
Our flagstaff had three items. Screen door adjustment, window handle missing and a bad propane hose. The house we had built has no punch list a d only two nail pops. Our builder examined the contractors daily and we did also.

rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #23
Was this off a lot or special ordered for you. Sadly 1, 5 and 7 sound NORMAL. 4 might be something you should have seen and complained or accepted before you close the deal. 10 has been discussed on this forum and the majority say that is normal. AC and Mirco, especially the big micros in some units today will BLOW the breaker, unless you are really careful about other stuff, like Frig, even the Standard Dometics pull 4 plus amps and the electric water heater pulls bunches, while your converter/charger pulls probably 6 to 10 amps depending upon type. So I say 10 is normal DEAL. 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 seem like reasonable warranty things, but some should have been seen and fixed before you even took delivery. Lots easier to get their attention before the sale is a done deal and still manageable but it will be a struggle. 11 might just be a matter of learning how it is SUPPOSED TO WORK in order to make it work
Tom48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #24
Originally Posted by DoctorT68 View Post
Alright, well now I don't feel that the only guy that got screwed. It's just bad business. The repairs are fairly minor, and they're going to have fix them anyway. Why not make a good first impression instead of sending a customer into the world with a bad first impression and a bad taste in their mouth.
The answer is COMMISSIONED SALES PEOPLE Not held to account and push you our the door the minute you sign and they are going to be paid. From then on WELL you missed the best window of time to get their attention to the issues, BEFORE YOU SIGN.

For those who think QC is a crime I invite you to look at AIRSTREAM very good QC, but I for one cannot afford them
Old 07-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #25
We have had our Crusader right at a year now and had a similar list after a couple of uses. My biggest disappointment is that I have learned how common these issues are on new units, this was our first new unit. I have also learned since joining the group that not all dealers are like ours. We have an awesome dealer that has taken care of ALL issues quickly and without any trouble. Like others have said just carry the unit back when you can and hopefully they will take care of your list to your satisfaction.
Steven & Tiffany
2015 Crusader 296BHS
2013 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CC Z71

Camp as often as we can
Steven379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #26
My wifes list for our new TT was 2-3 times larger than that. We sent it in to the dealer in advance to try and get the approvals before we drop it back off.
2015 Tacer ultra light executive edition 3200bht
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7, Dually, crew cab, long bed
SilverArrowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #27
You have to remember how much of that damage got done while sitting on the lot. How many shows was it in. I've watched customers break something (shower latch and fridge handles more often than not) and just walk out. Every fridge is the same, but everyone has to open them. Most novice users don't know how...they assume its like home.

As for the batteries. Anytime a deep cycle battery is allowed to drop below 50% it can lose some of its charge. So the 3 month thing is protection against dealers that have zero lot maintenance. I'd be curious how many of the units on the dealer lot are plugged in or fired up from time to time to work engine/charging, etc.

Over here, Freightliner requests to see logs on maintenance in order to honor the warranty on units that have been sitting on a lot.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #28
Wow, I was real lucky with my 2014 3010. Only 2 things that needed repair on delivery both found by the dealer. They ordered parts and got it fixed after 1st outing. After our 4000 mile trip south we found one more thing and dealer got it correspcted.
First was a flaw in the couch, second was the door adjustment. The megadyne unit was the problem after the trip south, faulty antenna was replaced. All is good now, and a happy camper��
rekwiat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #29
And your dealer WAS???? LEt them have credit
Old 07-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #30
Longview RV in Windsor Locks,CT.

Just an update for everybody. I called service and asked to make an appointment for next week. I didn't want to wait till the factory had shipped the new cabinet door. So I'll have to go back when I winterize for some of the repairs that parts have to be ordered from the factory.

My appointment is Monday. 7/27

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote

repair, repairs