Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #1

Issue with new to us MH

We purchased a used (2013) sunseeker 2300 today. Thanks to much reading on this site we were semi prepared for our instruct today when we picked it up It has new tires post recall.

What we didn't notice until we got home was a gap at the bottom of the door when it is closed, (the door was open the whole time we were looking at the coach in the service bay this morning). It was -10 when we first looked at it briefly on the lot last week and we didn't look as close as we should have I guess. The door has a gas strut attached from the bottom step to the bottom of the door, is this from the factory or an add on after the door was tweaked? I tried to hold the door and flex the bottom of it in to bend back with no luck. Other than adding some 1/2" weather strip to the side of the bottom 1/3rd of the door to keep the mosquito's/wind out is there another option?

Issue 2: The dealer was broken into and numerous coaches (its a rental yard for the most part) had the radio and TV's stolen. When they replaced the tv they used a tv/dvd combo unit without hooking up the audio through the back of the surround sound unit. He said the wire was cut behind it in the dash and the wire pushed back into the wall behind the tv. Is this worth trying to get fixed, or a giant pain to splice the connectors at each end?

We live in AK and dealer options are fairly limited.
ergoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #2

I am sorry, I have no idea about your issues, but I thought I would comment to move your post back up the list of new posts, so hopefully someone else with information can comment to you. Best wishes for you as you get it figured out!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #3

Welcome aboard! We too have a 2300. Do you have the cabinet above the door? If so the 6x8 or so panel on the left where the ant switch and the 120v are eaisly comes off by removing aout six staples with a pair of needle nose pliers. I opend mine up to wire up my satt box. I may get motivated this spring and make an aluminum panel to replace the wood panel. Also what stereo do you have in your dash? ford or chevy chassis?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	71376  
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #4

The gas struct on the bottom is factory. On the door issue I would look up the manufacture and find their solution. also consider posting a new thread concerning door adjustment, someone must have been here before with this issue.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #5

We have the ford E350. It does have the cabinet over the door, I'll look at pulling the panel off to see if the wire is there. It has an in dash gps/radio/dvd player. Thanks for the info. Wish there was a way to fix the door issue.
ergoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:52 PM   #6

it seems that the audio output from the tv should run into that panel then to the in dash stereo and then out to the coach speakers.. do you get surround sound from the in dash stereo?