Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
NCIC105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 139
I would use the leveling jacks to change tire.
__________________

__________________
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
I would use the leveling jacks to change tire.
Don't forget to bleed the air from the rear air bags if you do. Per the instructions the bags will be damaged if they are not depressurized when the vehicle is jacked up by the frame which essentially is what you are doing when using the jacks.
__________________

__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
NCIC105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Don't forget to bleed the air from the rear air bags if you do. Per the instructions the bags will be damaged if they are not depressurized when the vehicle is jacked up by the frame which essentially is what you are doing when using the jacks.
Guess that means anytime you use these jacks, and they lift a tire off the ground, we should dump the air?
__________________
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
Guess that means anytime you use these jacks, and they lift a tire off the ground, we should dump the air?

Yep! if it's a rear wheel. You could use blocks under the wheel. Personally if the site is that sloped I would look for another site.
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
NCIC105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Yep! if it's a rear wheel. You could use blocks under the wheel. Personally if the site is that sloped I would look for another site.
Can you point me to the manual you stated..I have noting on the big jacks..

Is there a place I can D/L this one?
__________________
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
Can you point me to the manual you stated..I have noting on the big jacks..

Is there a place I can D/L this one?
It is not in the Big Foot Jack manual that I know of. It is in the manual for the air bags. Below is what it says on Page 4:


"If it is necessary to lift the vehicle by the frame, first release the air pressure from the air springs. This will allow the air springs to extend to their maximum length without being damaged. The uninflated air springs are capable of supporting the weight of the axle when the vehicle is lifted by the frame. After servicing of the vehicle is complete, lower the vehicle to the ground and reinflate the air helper springs to the desired pressure. NOTE: On Sport-Rite kits the air helper springs must be aired up to 50 psi and then release the air until the air helper springs are to the desired pressure."
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
NCIC105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 139
Too bad they didn't add an on-board air compressor to help with this.
__________________
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
Too bad they didn't add an on-board air compressor to help with this.
Most coaches don't have Big Foot jacks so it's not an issue for most. If you are concerned you can get a pump kit and install it yourself. I've done about twenty mods to make the unit function and look the way I want it.
__________________

__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.