Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #1

Jack and lug wrench??

I have a new Sunseeker 3010dsf and wondering if it comes with a tire jack and lug wrench and if so where is it stored. I do have a floor jack with carrying case I could use if it doesn't already have a jack.
humblegoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #2

Look under the copilots seat, if not there then under the hood, if not then there is a better than average chance you do not have one.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #3

I don't think Sunseekers come with lug wrench or jack. They have a full spare tire. I wouldn't want to try to jack my 3010 up on the side of the road, way too dangerous. Just my opinion.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Average Joe

Nope, my Sunseeker came without, too.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #5

Sunseekers do not come with jacks, or lug wrenches standard. You can buy a new takeout econoline jack with lug wrench and instructions for the E450 on line for about $60. Sunseekers have spares but they are bolted and chained up making them difficult to remove without a floor jack to lower the spare. If you are strong you can lower it to your chest and wrestle it out from under. I also bought an Econline spare tire winch so I can crank the spare down using the jack handle like you do on most all pickup trucks today. I think the winch was about $50, again a new takeout. Probably could get the items cheaper at a salvage yard but I didn't want to put used stuff on a new RV.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:49 AM   #6

I don't feel comfortable jacking up a fully loaded MH. I have the spare tire, Roadside Assistance can supply the jack and expertise to change the tire. A good tire pressure monitor system will avoid a lot of problems by assuring you are keeping the tires properly inflated.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #7

My Lexington came with a spare but no other tools, probably the same with yours, it would be a bear trying to lower the spare without a floorjack...
big-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #8

I changed one on my 3170 last year i first set the auto levelers to take some weight off then jacked the left rear up with a 6 ton bottle jack. the spare is kind of a pita to get down but it was not to bad of a job over all
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #9

I carry the tools needed but for me to do it, it would have to be an emergency situation. I have road service and used it before.
big-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-al View Post
I carry the tools needed but for me to do it, it would have to be an emergency situation. I have road service and used it before.
Agreed. I would use my free road service which comes with the Ford chassis but probably only if I was stuck in an unsafe position needing a blocker truck behind me. Since I have leveling jacks, wrenches, and a spare tire winch, changing a tire would be easy and quick.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #11

I would use the leveling jacks to change tire.
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
I would use the leveling jacks to change tire.
Don't forget to bleed the air from the rear air bags if you do. Per the instructions the bags will be damaged if they are not depressurized when the vehicle is jacked up by the frame which essentially is what you are doing when using the jacks.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Don't forget to bleed the air from the rear air bags if you do. Per the instructions the bags will be damaged if they are not depressurized when the vehicle is jacked up by the frame which essentially is what you are doing when using the jacks.
Guess that means anytime you use these jacks, and they lift a tire off the ground, we should dump the air?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Guess that means anytime you use these jacks, and they lift a tire off the ground, we should dump the air?

Yep! if it's a rear wheel. You could use blocks under the wheel. Personally if the site is that sloped I would look for another site.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Yep! if it's a rear wheel. You could use blocks under the wheel. Personally if the site is that sloped I would look for another site.
Can you point me to the manual you stated..I have noting on the big jacks..

Is there a place I can D/L this one?
Old 02-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Can you point me to the manual you stated..I have noting on the big jacks..

Is there a place I can D/L this one?
It is not in the Big Foot Jack manual that I know of. It is in the manual for the air bags. Below is what it says on Page 4:

"If it is necessary to lift the vehicle by the frame, first release the air pressure from the air springs. This will allow the air springs to extend to their maximum length without being damaged. The uninflated air springs are capable of supporting the weight of the axle when the vehicle is lifted by the frame. After servicing of the vehicle is complete, lower the vehicle to the ground and reinflate the air helper springs to the desired pressure. NOTE: On Sport-Rite kits the air helper springs must be aired up to 50 psi and then release the air until the air helper springs are to the desired pressure."
Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #17

Too bad they didn't add an on-board air compressor to help with this.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Too bad they didn't add an on-board air compressor to help with this.
Most coaches don't have Big Foot jacks so it's not an issue for most. If you are concerned you can get a pump kit and install it yourself. I've done about twenty mods to make the unit function and look the way I want it.