Old 10-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #1

Jensen 7020 navigation

We just picked up our 2860ds and can't figure out how to get the voice guidance to work. We have voice guidance on, all the volumes Set to 80. What happens is the radio is on but when the voice guidance is going to come on, there is silence then the radio comes back on. Thanks

Old 11-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #2

I'm having the same issue, ended up pulling the SD card out of the unit and using an external GPS. Pulling the SD stopped the annoying music interruption.

Forest River advised me to call ASA Electronics (877) 845-8750. I called and the person I spoke to never heard of that issue but said they would research it and get back to me. Been a week and haven't heard back think I call again. My thought is that it's a bad install on the SD card.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #3

This may or may not help since I am waiting for arrival of my new Sunseeker. But, in my car, I had this same problem.

Turns out, at least in my car, there are two "volume" controls but with one knob. When the radio/CD is playing, the volume control knob controls the volume as you would expect. When the voice navigation would come on, the volume knob controls the sound level of the nav system. I felt silly when I took my car into the dealer to fix the nav system and the service writer showed me how it worked. My volume for the nav system was turned all the way down.

Don't know if that's how the Jensen system works, but it won't hurt to try.

2016 Sunseeker 3050DS towing 2006 Hummer H3

WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #4

Why not a Garmin?

I don't know why Forest River doesn't just install a Garmin GPS. They are the best in my opinion and there seems to be a lot of complaints and problems with the Jensen. Go figure (??)
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #5

Jensen 7020 navagation

Thanks for the replies, I also called service
Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #6

I called Asa service they had no idea what to do. He said reset the system by pushing in the button under the volume control. I did this and asked him how to access the simulation tool. He had no idea but had heard of it. I asked him if voice guidance worked on the feature will it work when really using it didn't know. So I found the simulation and it did work, but when we use for real I'm not sure what will happen I will try it this weekend and let you know. Also I think the maps were updated in December 2014 and there was one update in Jan 2015 - does any one know if it is worth trying to upgrade the upgrade process sounds like pain
Old 11-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #7

I had the same issue on a 2290SF. Solved problem by pulling the micro chip and going to Jensen site and reprograming the chip.
Naviextras_Toolbox_Setup.exe might be the site. Doesn't work with Mac's or Lynx.
Hope this helps.
Larry
Old 11-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #8

Thanks, When I spoke to ASA and asked about using a mac his response was go find someone with a different computer - Talking about back customer service, I was shocked at his response. When you go out through the link you mentioned, is it clear as to how to reprogram? Based on my conversations with ASA they don't appear to to user or customer friendly. Thanks for the information
Old 11-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #9

We had it done by the dealer because we only had Mac's. It took all night for the file to download. It was a big file. You have to use the Micro SD Card that is in the unit. We tried with a new 4GB card and it wouldn't take it.
Ours is the VX7020a.
Try googling Naviextras_Toolbox, or just Naviextras.
Good luck.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #10

I had an issue with my Jensen, different model, right after I got it and did a reboot with the paper clip button on front. That fixed it

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tags
jensen