Old 11-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #1

Jensen GPS system

The GPS system that we have in our motorhome, (which is a Jensen device) is not very user-friendly. My biggest question is....do we have to subscribe or purchase a CD or memory card in order to initiate and continually use the GPS program?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
GM

1. No. The GPS is built in. There is a micro SD card in the upper right hand corner (behind a flap).
2. You can get an updated map system (if there is one) if you request an update within 90 days of registration date.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #3

GPS options?

Looking to buy a new 3050S next year. Question is: what brand is the GPS that comes in the Ford chassis? Is it Jensen? Also, is there any other options, as I'm getting the feeling that the Jensen is not very user-friendly, etc. We have a Garmin that we use in our car and like it very much, but it is not built-in.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #4

Garmin makes a GPS specifically for RV'ers. If you travel a lot of unfamiliar roads, I'd give this unit a good look:
Amazon.com: Garmin RV 760LMT Portable GPS Navigator: GPS & Navigation

Wish Forest River would get with Garmin and install this unit in all their Class A's & C's

Bonus: Garmin does NOT charge for map updates - the unit comes with "lifetime" map updates. Also, for another $150 you can buy a GPS unit with a integrated wireless backup camera. What's not to like?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
GM

I've used the Jensen...I though it was way more user friendly than the Magnadyne. Nothing is as user friendly as google maps on the phone for speed and finding locations The turn by turn is no good.

I also use Tom Tom...and I don't really like that because the interface is european based (I think)...just the way they ask for street and address (order wise).

I guess I'm confused by specifically what is not user friendly? They're always taking suggestions.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 11-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #6

GPS

Thanks for the info HSVBAMABOB, I'll look into the Garmin RV unit. Was hoping that FR had an option for a built-in unit other than the Jensen. Not familiar with the Magnadyne.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
GM

We don't use Ford radios. as part of the RV package the mirrors and radio get deleted.

I would test it out before dismissing it. Or if you like your mobile garmin, you can use that.

I have a brand new Jeep and have yet to use the GPS in it. I always use Tom Tom on my phone because its the one I am familiar with. If we don't understand it...its broken.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #8
Infractee

Too bad you do not use the ford touch screen navi systems. Since 2009 they have been using Clarion built systems that are light years ahead of the old Pioneer units they used to use.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
GM

We had the option to get a Clarion system, but it used the same iGo Primo software that the Jensen used. They are also touch screen.

Having said that, I have used the Ford & Chevy systems. I don't think any of them are near as user friendly as the new Jeep uConnect system.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #10

I still have not been able to get my Jensen GPS working. It seems like it's stuck in the demo mode. It will not locate a satellite. It's very frustrating, I wound up just plugging in my iPhone 6 for driving directions during our holiday trip. I am super disappointed. I have a wonderful Bose system in my Highlander and I'm thinking of taking out the Jensen and replacing it with something better. The Jensen doesn't even locate a starting point of our home or the time zone we're in, pitiful system or pitiful me....I can't say which for sure