Old 07-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #1

jenson tv cord

Just a heads up. We have a 2013 2300 and both tvs are jensens. I have had the (old round style) wires get hot and the plastic tips become brittle and break off after a period of constant use. I would advise not to leave the tv on unattended as it may be a hazard. I ordered two replacement cords in dec 2015 and had the same issue occur on one cord. Ordered again two weeks ago and got what jensendirect called a new revision level but with the same exterior walnut design. I called and asked why they did not send me the new slim twin corded wire design that is posted on their website and their first answer was the web may not deplict the product offered. But a few days later I got an email saying they were sending out new product as shown. These new ones (slim tube style is the new, walnut style is the old) do seem significantly heavier and better quality with a metal collar tip. I did complete the warrenty paperwork when we got the coach, have not moved (not changed addresses) since, and never got a recall notice. Thus I do have the newer product now but I did have the privilege of paying for replacement parts twice. Not flaming a vendor, just the facts.
Attached Images

"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #2

Thanks for the Heads Up.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:12 AM   #3

Hoglou....same thing happened to me last month. I purchased an AC adapter from Amazon for $16 as I was not going to take a chance with another one melting or worse causing a fire.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #4

The new cords are much better. I have no reservations now about leaving them plugged in. But I did not see a UL tag on any of them. Best to my understanding the appliance is tested as a whole unit, but detactable cords are rated seperately. UL is not a legal requriment for a sale of goods, and I imagine since they originate from china UL may not even offer testing. I dealt with UL over 30 years ago in manufacturing but I would love to hear from a current insider.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #5

I also got a replacement on Amazon through 12volt travel last month.
Better quality

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM   #6

Mine failed last year. TV would just shut off for no reason.
I noticed the plug was really hot to the touch.

I found a replacement in a local hardware store and it's been working fine since.