Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
You always keep the trade until the vehicle comes in then you swap them and leave with the new!

02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #12
Plain Old Member
We've done it both ways. Depends on how I felt. The dealer I trusted and personally knew the people, I left the unit with them and waited for the new one. With my luck, I'm always worried the trade will be involved in an accident prior to new one coming in. Hey, it happens, then trade ain't worth so much and you're stuck, or could be. Others we've held on to to keep on camping, and were very careful, or tried to be. One of them, I was a few days from bringing it in since the new one had arrived. We pulled it out of the shop with it still plugged in. Ripped the marinco assembly and a little wiring out of the side wall. Luckily, the fiberglass wasn't damaged and I had a spare assembly. Fixed it real quick and wiped the sweat off. Like I said, my luck sometimes. On average, we've got the ordered ones in 8 weeks. We recently have bought off of the lot. I just liked being able to really look it over before ever mentioning buying it.

John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
Love My Sunseeker
Ordered mine in May 2012, got it in October 2012. Customs take awhile. I had to give an estimate of what the mileage of the trade in would be by the time I got it, and I tried to estimate high but I went 400 miles over so dealer charged me a small amount for that.
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
I only put $1,000, down, and they told me 6 weeks or so to build my 3010. I'm trading in my Sunseeker 2900, don't have to bring it until my new one arrives. They made the deal on my trade w/o even looking at it. There is only around 8700 miles on it, maybe that's why they didn't want to see it. It's all cleaned out, ready to go. Can't wait to get my new rig. Planning on camping the 1st week in April to break it in!
Mike001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #15

We ordered our 2860 29 Sept and it was ready for the demo 10 Dec.
We did 5th wheel trade in and did not pick it up till 5 Jan due to our truck having maintenace.

We put $6200 down and the balance paid on 8 Dec.

Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote