Old 02-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
Mega Member

Leak Help Please...

OK...at some point I have developed an unidentified leak in my 2004 Sunseeker 3100LE---however, neither I nor the RV Tech can find the source. It seems to only occur after a rain. I noticed damp/wet carpet in the narrow space between the jack-knife couch and the panel that is immedicately behind the drivers seat. In fact, the lower panel (particle board) is wet 6 or so inches up (likely from absorption) and the carpet is damp in that area and under the slide out platform that the couch sit on. There is no evidence of anything dripping in the wall and the seals at the top of the slide look OK. When the slide is closed, I can see a small gap (light comes through) at the very bottom....but that is facing down---not to the side. Today, I also noticed that there is wetness in the carpet below the slideout platform...of course you can hardly get your hand under there---but it is damp/wet. When I went outside with the slide open and looked underneath the slide, that bottom section of the slide closest to the drivers side had moisture condensing on the underside---I wiped it off...but.... When I took it in---the tech was unable to find anything (not sure they really looked much). I was also wondering if water can get in where the cab meets the coach----there are some seals there, but there are gaps created by the cab design. If anyone has any ideas and/or solutions, it would be much appreciated.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

go to SealTech's website.
they have a list of nationwide RV shops that use their equipment for detecting leaks.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent suggestion from bikendan. As I recall, Campingworld used to do this, too. They still might.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
2012 Solera

Have you seen this thread? Leak in 3170, but don't think it's FR problem
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Mega Member

We'll..the above link seems to take one to a thread concerning air horn installation.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #6
2012 Solera

Strange. Link works for me on two different machines. Goes to a 16 Feb thread in the Sunseeker forum section started by DXSMac labeled "Leak in 3170, but don't think it's FR problem". If the link doesn't work for you, you can find the thread in the Sunseeker section by date and name. In the Sunseeker forum it shows up as 19 February (date of last post, I think).
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Well, this is a new one. I clicked the link through the website and got it correctly, but the link through the app pulled up a different thread. I'll report this to the tech desk. Here's a screen shot.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1394241190.156225.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	47344

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak