Old 01-08-2016, 01:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst3 View Post
I'd be happy to have any AM reception in my 2015 Sunseeker 2700. Even if the lights had to be off. I get that static all the time. We have to carry a portable radio to pick up any AM stations - even the local one in town.

Sounds like your antenna wire in the back of the radio isn't connected. Ours is in the shop right now getting warranty work done and one thing on the list is to find out where the antenna wire is for the bunk room radio. We have static also, so first thing I did was check the antenna wire and there wasn't one.

2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:57 AM   #12
CCRVOC

We do not notice the RF interference on the radio but do have interference with tv stations - especially if it is weak signal. We put LED replacement bulbs in the bathroom and the tv antenna is only about 3 feet away from those LED's.

2013 - nights camped - 88; miles on CC - 9066
2014 - nights camped - 57; miles on CC - 5263
2015 - nights camped - 95; miles on CC - 11179
rockfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #13

F/R replaced Lots of LED light fixtures in the Past because of TV inteference! Some Members put the Throw away LEDs in their Campers! Youroo!!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #14

We've been camping and received TV stations perfectly clear during the day - then at night they won't come in at all. Never considered interference from the lights. Something else to test next summer...
Old 03-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #15
BEFUDDELED MEMBER

Another source of RFI can be the power converter. We had seiver RFI while using any 12vdc , lights or charging usb from 12vdc plugs, charging ( even while in storage with just the house batteries trickle charged by the converter ) house batteries while boon docking.
Took the old open every breaker/ fuse one at a time to not find it untill all breakers/ fuses were open and still had the RFI. I vanished only when the AC main breaker was tripped or AC cord unpluged. The source was when the less than low end power converter was under even as little load as 1 led bulb. I replaced the converter with a medium priced 4 stage converter and have not had any interferance since. I do have a HF, UHF,VHF ham radio installed in the unit and have no RFI problems since the converter replacement.
Viet combat vet USNR
DAV, VFW, CCL. SASS
shooter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #16

LED lights causing radio interference

We have the same problem of not getting any FM stations through the sound bar. Looking through all the literature it seems that the fm antenna might not be attached. I would like to remove the sound bar to check but don't' want to break it. Am I missing some way to remove it from its niche above my fireplace. 2016 Crusader 322res.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #17

OP here. Command Electronics sent me replacement fixtures earlier this year. I finally got around to putting them in. They solved the problem. I can listen to AM radio, with no RFI.

Tags
led, light, radio