Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zook View Post
Something else to think about... if you go with aftermarket Bigfoot jacks you still have choices... factory specs have the auto level system that uses a pump on each jack... or you can go as I did with the manual system, only one pump and tank... you do have to have a mounting bracket welding on the inside of the frame but it has 3 less pumps and tanks and not as many moving parts so to speak...and makes it cheaper to buy..
If I had to do it again I'd still go the manual rout...
X2
I have the Big Foot 4 pump factory system but would have gone with the single pump system if my dealer had not sold it to me at his cost which was close to the cost of the single pump system from Big Foot.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #22

The up side to having a 4 pump system is the ability to handle the weight. I like that assurance. I thought about buying the single pump system but when I learned of the capacity and overall design, I chose to go with the 4 pump system.
Appleguy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleguy1991 View Post
The up side to having a 4 pump system is the ability to handle the weight. I like that assurance. I thought about buying the single pump system but when I learned of the capacity and overall design, I chose to go with the 4 pump system.
Not that your suppose to do this but the single pump will lift the entire coach clear of the ground if you wish.. you have all the same controls as the 4 pump... in pares front or rear or left side or right...
zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #24

Agreed, unless the pump output pressure or the cylinder piston size is different on the single pump system,which I don't believe it is, they will lift the same weight.

Three of the four pump systems on my unit have leaked or leak to some degree. It may not be much and unless you park in a garage with a white floor like I do or wipe your hand over the control box bottom, you may not even notice it. I gave up trying to fix them unless it's more than a just weeper.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #25

So my supposed level camp site is not so level and I don't have enough blocks to get me 100% level. Big Foot levels are coming this February so sure!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #26

Mounting brackets position

Does anyone know where to mount the brackets on a 30 ft fr3 or any pictures available. Also are there any installation instruction anywhere.

Thanks in advanced for any input.

Bob
perrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling