Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Leveling Jacks Help Prevent Bounce?

We're trying to decide if we should invest in leveling jacks... We have a 31 ft Sunseeker (i.e., longer overhang). We generally get level enough spots. However, the unit bounces around a fair amount. Probably doesn't help that we have 2 active kids! It's especially pronounced when we're in the bed in the back & the kids are asleep (rolling around) in the cabover up front. For those with leveling jacks, do they make a difference in terms of the unit bouncing around? And then more specifically, does it go from noticeable to still noticeable, 50% improvement, or barely noticeable? Thanks!

paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
I have a 2900, around 30 ft long. We experience the same bounce issues. I use 2 jacks to stablize the rear, it helps a lot. These are just to support the rig, not "lift" it. If we r just camping for the night i dont bother w/ them. I'd like the fully auto stablizing jacks, but at like $2,500 I dont want to spend the money. I will make the jacks a priority on my next rig.

Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
OP here - sorry for the confusion but I was asking about the automatic jacks.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Hydraulic Stabilizers

We purchased a 3010. The model was on asphault with the stabilizers down. While we were working with the salesman I noticed as people were walking in and out of the unit it did not bounce at all. That was enough for us to add them as an option. Having all four tires firmly on the ground or blocked and the stabilizers down makes the unit very stabile.
kswing60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Love My Sunseeker
My first Sunseeker was a 28 foot, no leveling jacks. LOTSA BOUNCE! My next two Sunseekers (both 32 foot) had the Hydraulic levelers (they were HWH, whatever that is....) with joy stick next to the driver seat. NO BOUNCE! But that system was a pain in the **** to operate, and a couple times my cat brushed against the joy stick and the levelers raised back up. One time had one freeze on me, so I had to "drive it off." It worked, no damage.

My current 32 foot Sunseeker has "automatic" levelers. I have a box that is stowed under the driver seat. Push a button, brrrft, brrrrrft, brrrrrrft, brrrrft, DONE! NO BOUNCE! But then again, I'm a solo, no one else in the RV. If someone else is in the RV, get a tiny bounce.

I still use Lynx Blox under wheels if I am in a situation where the levelers raise the front wheels off the ground. I don't like it when my wheels are off the ground. I don't think your back wheels should EVER EVER be off the ground.
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
Do you think this could help you??

2013 sandpiper select 32 qbbs
bujotrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
Let me add a little more to this. depending on what floor plan you get, you have a couple of different options.

If you get a 2860 or a 3050, with most of the slide weight on one side, we automatically install a "BAL crank down system" one jack up front, (2) in the back. This is a manual system that will stabilize the unit...sort of like what Mike001 is referring to. No rocking.

The other option is the one touch leveling system. This is more cost effective if done from the factory.

IF you already own the unit...then you might be able to add the BAL manual jacks for limited investment to handle the bounce. Or of course opt for the one touch levelers...and worry no more. They do make a huge difference.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote