Old 02-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
In her first statement she said it is a (LIPPERT Slide)! Its NOT a (SWIZZY SWAZZY) that has (2) motors that have to be synchronized! Very odd to move 1' and get stuck. Youroo!

I don't know what you mean by "SWIZZY SWAZZY" slide, but a Schwintek slide *is* a kind of Lippert slide. They make a handful of slide mechanisms.

On mine, this same thing happened. Our first attempt was replacing a motor which didn't fix the issue. They eventually pulled the whole slide and had to raise one side up a bit. I'm not saying this is HockeyMom's slide issue- just what we experienced.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #12

Lippert also has (Hyd.powered slides,above floor slides,thru frame slides,as well as the inside wall slides) so until we know (What Slide She has) this is a (Crap Shoot)! And I will still call them a (Swizzy Swazzy)! Youroo!!

Old 02-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #13

Ah crap. I don't have the manuals at home, they're in the MH buried in snow. It's a wall slide if that helps any.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
Ah crap. I don't have the manuals at home, they're in the MH buried in snow. It's a wall slide if that helps any.
Just a guess, but if you have hydraulics your slide is probably to. At least the main ones, but maybe not the small one, like a wardrobe slide. At 30 degrees it can cause a problem. There is an additive that they recommend. I guess once everyone defrost then you can try it again. This is the coldest winter I can remember. If a shear pin broke it wouldn't move at all. There is a pin that holds the cross over bar on the electrical track type slides. I just do not think that is your problem. It is as good as a guess as anybody without knowing what system it is. Sorry I can't be of more help. GOOD LUCK
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #15

It stopped working properly in November. I don't know if I have anything hydraulic, though. I could hear the motors working. We leave April 3 for spring break, so I guess I'll just take it in.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
It stopped working properly in November. I don't know if I have anything hydraulic, though. I could hear the motors working. We leave April 3 for spring break, so I guess I'll just take it in.
No sarcasm intended then or now. If it's a Swintek slide by Lippert if it has external strips on the front and back panels of the slide on the outside with course gear teeth molded in them. Otherwise it can be a rack and pinion design or hyd pistons (doubtful), or even cables. They make them all. If a shear pin broke, there would be no movement.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #17
GM

Also just to clarify those with Hydraulic suggestions, the Class C divisions does not run any hydraulic slides at this time.

The 3170 has (2) slide styles.
Living room slide is a Lippert above floor sofa slide.
Bunk room slide (passenger side) is a Lippert Schwintec slide. (has the silver worm gear rails on the slide room exterior walls).

A shear pin issue would only be the living room slide. Sync'ing motors would be the bedroom slide.

Please carry on, now that we're all on the same page (hopefully)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #18

Question is the shear pin a non issue for schwintek slide gear like I have 3050s Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #19

Bclemens the question is for you sir

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #20
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Living room slide is a Lippert above floor sofa slide. (Not schwintec)

Bunk room slide (passenger side) is a Lippert Schwintec slide. (has the silver worm gear rails on the slide room exterior walls).

A shear pin issue would only be the living room slide.
Correct

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide