Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #1

Lippert Slide Issues

My slide only goes out 12" and gets stuck. I assume it's a broken pin. Is there a tutorial on how to check and fix this myself? I'd rather not drive an hour to my dealer if it's an easy fix I can do myself. Anything that could be causing this?
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:36 PM   #2

Depends on the mfg. and design of the slide. Sounds like misalignment when it heads out, such as one of two motors failed, broken bracket or roller or even cable parted. Start with asking the dealer who made the mechanism and how it works. Then you can Google the manf. and get some ideas.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #3

I can't help you but I'm interested in where the shear pin locations are as well at least the proximity just in case I have the same problem in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
I can't help you but I'm interested in where the shear pin locations are as well at least the proximity just in case I have the same problem in the future

I wonder if pin sheared could it move 12" back and forth? Doubt it......
Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

I'm just trying to figure this out on my own, and your somewhat sarcastic comments aren't helpful at this point. If you know where the shear pin locations are, I bet Boso would like to know since that was his actual question. Didn't really have anything to with my slide only moving 12".
Previously:
Old 02-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
My slide only goes out 12" and gets stuck. I assume it's a broken pin. Is there a tutorial on how to check and fix this myself? I'd rather not drive an hour to my dealer if it's an easy fix I can do myself. Anything that could be causing this?
I don't know about a shear pin, but you might try you-tube and type in LCI INDUSTRY or LCI COMPONENTS. They have a ton of videos on there site. THe best place to try. I know they have videos on most of the slides and how they work.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #7

Slide movement

If I were looking without any help on this question I would to try to synchronize the motors if that didn't work I would think the shear pins would be on the motor holding the gear in place you can find videos on synchronizing the motors and where the motors are located I don't know if will be of any benefit to you but is the best I can do
Old 02-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #8

Schwintek slide
Old 02-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #9

I saw a video on you tube about those slides to hold the button down for 5 sec after it is all the way in or out to sync the motors. Worth a shot good luck
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #10

Quote:
In her first statement she said it is a (LIPPERT Slide)! Its NOT a (SWIZZY SWAZZY) that has (2) motors that have to be synchronized! Very odd to move 1' and get stuck. Youroo!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
In her first statement she said it is a (LIPPERT Slide)! Its NOT a (SWIZZY SWAZZY) that has (2) motors that have to be synchronized! Very odd to move 1' and get stuck. Youroo!

I don't know what you mean by "SWIZZY SWAZZY" slide, but a Schwintek slide *is* a kind of Lippert slide. They make a handful of slide mechanisms.

On mine, this same thing happened. Our first attempt was replacing a motor which didn't fix the issue. They eventually pulled the whole slide and had to raise one side up a bit. I'm not saying this is HockeyMom's slide issue- just what we experienced.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #12

Lippert also has (Hyd.powered slides,above floor slides,thru frame slides,as well as the inside wall slides) so until we know (What Slide She has) this is a (Crap Shoot)! And I will still call them a (Swizzy Swazzy)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #13

Ah crap. I don't have the manuals at home, they're in the MH buried in snow. It's a wall slide if that helps any.
Previously:
Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Ah crap. I don't have the manuals at home, they're in the MH buried in snow. It's a wall slide if that helps any.
Just a guess, but if you have hydraulics your slide is probably to. At least the main ones, but maybe not the small one, like a wardrobe slide. At 30 degrees it can cause a problem. There is an additive that they recommend. I guess once everyone defrost then you can try it again. This is the coldest winter I can remember. If a shear pin broke it wouldn't move at all. There is a pin that holds the cross over bar on the electrical track type slides. I just do not think that is your problem. It is as good as a guess as anybody without knowing what system it is. Sorry I can't be of more help. GOOD LUCK

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:08 PM   #15

It stopped working properly in November. I don't know if I have anything hydraulic, though. I could hear the motors working. We leave April 3 for spring break, so I guess I'll just take it in.
Previously:
Old 02-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #16

Quote:
It stopped working properly in November. I don't know if I have anything hydraulic, though. I could hear the motors working. We leave April 3 for spring break, so I guess I'll just take it in.
No sarcasm intended then or now. If it's a Swintek slide by Lippert if it has external strips on the front and back panels of the slide on the outside with course gear teeth molded in them. Otherwise it can be a rack and pinion design or hyd pistons (doubtful), or even cables. They make them all. If a shear pin broke, there would be no movement.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Also just to clarify those with Hydraulic suggestions, the Class C divisions does not run any hydraulic slides at this time.

The 3170 has (2) slide styles.
Living room slide is a Lippert above floor sofa slide.
Bunk room slide (passenger side) is a Lippert Schwintec slide. (has the silver worm gear rails on the slide room exterior walls).

A shear pin issue would only be the living room slide. Sync'ing motors would be the bedroom slide.

Please carry on, now that we're all on the same page (hopefully)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #18

Question is the shear pin a non issue for schwintek slide gear like I have 3050s Thanks

Old 02-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #19

Bclemens the question is for you sir

Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Living room slide is a Lippert above floor sofa slide. (Not schwintec)

Bunk room slide (passenger side) is a Lippert Schwintec slide. (has the silver worm gear rails on the slide room exterior walls).

A shear pin issue would only be the living room slide.
Correct

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide