Old 06-01-2015, 06:19 PM   #31

In answer to SilverbackMel, I have no intention of trying to force my local dealer to do anything in the future. I have contacted FR, and they have authorized service out of network.
I don't see the logic in your answer. How would they know whether I have any future value as a customer. just because I chose not to buy from them? If their attitude wasn't what it is, I certainly would have considered using them for parts, service, or even the purchase of another RV.
When I called for service, I didn't have a chance to identify myself. I was immediately asked whether I bought it there, and when I told them I didn't, they told me they couldn't offer service because the town wouldn't allow it!
So not only are they not helpful, they are also most likely liars.
I think that makes them bad businessmen.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
How would they know whether I have any future value as a customer. just because I chose not to buy from them? If their attitude wasn't what it is, I certainly would have considered using them for parts, service, or even the purchase of another RV.
I bought 2 travel trailers in two years from one local dealer and stored it at another dealer. A week ago, I traded my travel trailer on a Sunseeker at the dealer I store at. So to turn down service for something so petty is quite likely turning down future sales.

Tags
camping, cat, dealer, location