Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #41

I never had a problem with my Sunseeker keeping the Coach cool so that seems unusual to me they had a problem. I’ve been out in near 100 degree weather and have been comfortable.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:26 PM   #42

We are also older and have a new Forester 2291sf. We love it the length is perfect and the interior space and storage space is amazing. Good luck.
CDRJML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #43

Sun seeker 3010

We just bought a Forester 3011 very similar coach.

Have had it out on one trip - so far so good..

I will say I do not like the handling- problem is we have only had it out when it was windy (the day we picked it up 30+ miles an hour and rain so it was a white knuckle experience.

I am having front and back stabilizers put in as well as a steering stabilizer in a few weeks and then next spring:

https://liquidspring.com/
mparus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #44
Ann

I have a 2014 Sunseeker 3050s. We do love the design and space of the RV but we did have a real problem with the slide on the driver's side. The slide is 26 feet long on 2 motors. Not a good design. Finally we had the problem diagnosed and corrected. Now we have 3 motors. Another change we made was replacing the couch with two wall hugger recliners and a table with drawers between. We had Lambright Comfort Chairs in Indiana build us the chairs, remove the couch and install the chairs. What luxury and comfort that has provided us. If you are interested I can put in a picture. We use our Sunseeker for many trips. Last year we drove 14,000 miles on a 4 month trip to Alaska.
RverAnn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #45
Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
I have a 2014 Sunseeker 3050s. We do love the design and space of the RV but we did have a real problem with the slide on the driver's side. The slide is 26 feet long on 2 motors. Not a good design. Finally we had the problem diagnosed and corrected. Now we have 3 motors. Another change we made was replacing the couch with two wall hugger recliners and a table with drawers between. We had Lambright Comfort Chairs in Indiana build us the chairs, remove the couch and install the chairs. What luxury and comfort that has provided us. If you are interested I can put in a picture. We use our Sunseeker for many trips. Last year we drove 14,000 miles on a 4 month trip to Alaska.
Here is a photo of the installed recliners and table. Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliners.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	191836
RverAnn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 PM   #46

We have a 2019 Dynamax Isata 3 Series 24FW on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis. Part of the Forest River family. We are set up to tow our 2006 Honda CR-V which weighs 3620 pounds, under the 4000 limit we set for our weight calculations. We got 16 mpg on our first diesel fill up. We have the loungers and the entertainment center floorplan.
Coolrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #47
DaLexusGuy

I could scare you with a list of things that I have had to finish, redo, modify, etc. on our 2018 Forester 30’ unit, but rather than doing that, let’s just say that it is more important for you to just know that some people should not own an RV (any RV).

if you aren’t handy around the house, and can’t tell a screwdriver from a crescent wrench, just rent one and have fun. Likewise, if you are expecting Lexus-like build quality, reliability and customer service, well.....it ain’t gonna happen.

And truthfully, it really doesn’t matter the brand or model in these price ranges. They are all mass-produced at mind-numbing speed, in metal shed “factories” where the beatings will continue until morale improves.

On paper, and to the designers, it all makes perfect sense but the execution is another matter entirely.

The good news is that if you ARE handy, realistic and go in with eyes wide open and fully expecting that you absolutely WILL “discover” all kinds of things that will make you laugh, cringe, scream and sometimes wonder out loud...WTF!??!, you’ll be fine.

You see, owning an RV is kind of a game, really, waiting to see what will happen next, and digging in to solve the issues and/or challenge of the day.

So....if you are ready to accept the (many) challenges that await, then find the floor plan and features that work for you and let the games begin!
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:09 AM   #48

We purchased a new 2014, 3050s and love it. It is a Little noisy in the cab and heat around the doghouse can be an issue. It has plenty of room/storage and easily tows our dolly with hyundai tucson. Great combo!
rsadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #49

We have a 2500TS,,, it is fine,,, a little small but ok for 2 !!!
I believe some of the Sunseekers are to large for there chassis !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoS View Post
I could scare you with a list of things that I have had to finish, redo, modify, etc. on our 2018 Forester 30’ unit, but rather than doing that, let’s just say that it is more important for you to just know that some people should not own an RV (any RV).

if you aren’t handy around the house, and can’t tell a screwdriver from a crescent wrench, just rent one and have fun. Likewise, if you are expecting Lexus-like build quality, reliability and customer service, well.....it ain’t gonna happen.

And truthfully, it really doesn’t matter the brand or model in these price ranges. They are all mass-produced at mind-numbing speed, in metal shed “factories” where the beatings will continue until morale improves.

On paper, and to the designers, it all makes perfect sense but the execution is another matter entirely.

The good news is that if you ARE handy, realistic and go in with eyes wide open and fully expecting that you absolutely WILL “discover” all kinds of things that will make you laugh, cringe, scream and sometimes wonder out loud...WTF!??!, you’ll be fine.

You see, owning an RV is kind of a game, really, waiting to see what will happen next, and digging in to solve the issues and/or challenge of the day.

So....if you are ready to accept the (many) challenges that await, then find the floor plan and features that work for you and let the games begin!
100 percent agree with this post! For me it is fun to figure out how to fix the issues.
North Texas Retirees having fun
The dog is part Yorkie and part Rottweiller - figure it out!
We did the dna tests lol.
popshumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #51

We bought a 2014 2650cdws Sunseeker 4 years ago. We flat tow our 2017 Jeep Cherokee most of the time. We went across Canada this summer on a 4 month trip and enjoyed every minute of it. It has tons of storage space and is great to drive. We have been to Alaska twice and to Moab Utah twice plus many other places. I would recommend these motorhomes.
Niel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, sunseeker