Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
FEZ

Looking for Someone Who Owns a One-Year Old Sunnseeker - Any Problems?

We are seriously looking at a Sunseeker 3170. Does any one-year old owners have any problems with your unit? Thanks!
FEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #2

My wife and I have a 1.3 year-old Sunseeker 2300 (Ford E350, V10) that has been driven 4700 miles. The motorhome initially had two minor problems - an obstruction in a faucet and a loose hose clamp on the fresh water tank filler hose. I easily repaired both items myself and have had no problems since. We are very pleased with the overall quality and handling of the motorhome. It will be put to the test this summer towing a Ford Fiesta to Yellowstone.
Al Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #3

My husband and I are on day 3 of our first excursion with our newly purchased 2011 Sunseeker 2300. It had 6300 miles on it when we bought it and we will be putting over 3000 more on it this month. Other than lower than expected gas mileage on windy middle America roads, we have been very pleased with the comfort and functioning of our home on wheels.
The only problem we have noticed so far is cracked plastic pieces....around the edge of the overcab bunk, the vent cover on the AC, the door handle cover on the screen door, and the microwave vent flap cover.
new to us RV owners April 2012
2012- 100+ days camping + Panama cruise
2013- 60 nights in our RV so far (as of Aug 1)
cllecr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
FEZ

Thank you both for the feedback. We are seriously looking at new 3170DS Bunkhouse, and a dealer is trying to sell us on a Jayco versus a Sunseeker. He is telling us that the Jayco has better quality. Enjoy your units!
FEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #5

We have a six month old 3170DS with about 5000 miles on it. Except for a glitch in the heat pump and an air bag valve that needed tightening, there have been no problems with it. We replaced the shocks with Bilsteins which made a great improvement in the ride quality. The lower bunk being a fold down couch is very useful. We had five adults and four grandkids (5 to 10) at Silver Dollar City in Missouri for three nights three weeks ago and no blood was shed. We had a fantastic time. The kids watched movies from the lower bunk (in the couch configuration) on the drive. I can't speak to the Jayco, but I heartily recommend the 3170DS.
budblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #6

Sunseeker = Fiberglass roof. Azdel.

Jayco = Rubber roof. Wood.

'Nuff said!
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote