Old 08-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #1

Looking to buy a Sunseeker Ford Transit

Am interested in something smaller like the TS 2390. Does anyone own one and willing to talk to me. I am wondering about gas vs diesel. Which one do you have. I had a GMC duramax and has put me off diesels (have had it in 3 times for injectors, twice under warranty and once I paid for it). It sucked when diesel cost more than gas as well.

I am 6' 2" and wondering what the bed and shower are like? We live on Vancouver Island and haven't seem one of these yet. Just the two of us traveling.

We rented a transit in Europe for 2 months. It was great lots of room and loved the smaller motorhome. We seem to be going to more and more out of the way places and thinking now of either something like this or a truck camper. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Doug

Old 08-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #2

Bed is only 54 wide (I questioned BClemens before on it)
Too narrow for me.

I am anxious to see some reports on the new Transit Diesel rigs.
They look great and the price is right.

The Thor Compass floorplans look very good even with the 10,300 GVWR.
May be my next rig or something similar.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #3

I also avoided the Transit (or MBS chassis) for three reasons. Bed length, towing capability and cost vs. the E-450 chassis. If these aren't a concern then the Transit chassis may be the right choice.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #4
River Forest Sunseeker 24

My big problem with any of the Ford versions is the tiny space for passenger's feet. I don't even think it's safe to sit jammed up like that. I am a RN in an ER and we see too many people come in from long travels (not this Ford specifically but I think I'll start asking) with DVTs. There are 1000s on the road so I'm sure I am being overly sensitive.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
My big problem with any of the Ford versions is the tiny space for passenger's feet. I don't even think it's safe to sit jammed up like that. I am a RN in an ER and we see too many people come in from long travels (not this Ford specifically but I think I'll start asking) with DVTs. There are 1000s on the road so I'm sure I am being overly sensitive.
Thinking of the "E" vans?
The new Transits are a whole new design- based on the Euro van.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
Not as wide an area as is typical for sure, however we've had motorhomes like this for years (as do 1000's of others) without issues. The passenger of course can move around much more than the driver can to keep the blood circulating!

Tags
ford, sunseeker