Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #21

As the previous post said, I hear the sound while moving. Typically going slow (eg. parking) over an uneven lot or road. Usually never hear it when going down the road. Makes me think the unit is flexing one way or the other. I have it scheduled to go in for service at the end of the month. I hoping it just might be an adjustment on the slide or something. When the unit is sitting still with the slide in or out - no noise what so ever.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #22

Same as my unit.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #23

On our last trip for the season this past weekend, the slide stopped going out about 5 inches before it was fully extended. I had to pull the panel off under the stove and do the reset thing (press button 6 times and hold it on the 7th). After that I was able to bring it in and then put it out. NOTE - after the reset trying to go out did nothing. I had to bring it in first and then go out.

This is the second time this year I've had to reset the motor(s) this year. I wonder if the slide is slightly out of allignment and is contributing to the creaking noise.

To the others with the creaking noise, have you ever had to "reset" the slide motor?

I will definitely mention this when taking it to the dealer.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #24

I have not had to reset the slide yet..
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #25

My service to get the RV into the shop is Dec 20th (I guess they are busy). I'll be sure to let you all know if they fix the creaking noise.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #26

Just a thought- do you have the wheel cover simulators on the coach? I noticed a creaking noise when going slow and it turned out to be the wheel simulators on the front wheels. I took the simulators off and put some of the foam insulation that you get for doors and windows at Lowes that has a sticky side and placed that around the inside of the wheel cover. Solved my problem.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #27

Hi there. My case might be a little too specific and unrelated to the issue/request here. I've got a 2013 3170 and after first trip heard creaking under driver side area, especially when "leaning in" to the driver side when in motion. I took it to a specialty ford truck repair shop (since dealer said it must be chassis related).

The ford repair found the bigfoot jack on the driver side was mounted just slightly touching the frame and it was causing the creaking. He said it needed to be handled by the dealer - brought to dealer, they adjusted and it was fine.

Again, may not be related to what you're seeing but in the event it happens to someone else, thought worth sharing.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoppi View Post
Hi there. My case might be a little too specific and unrelated to the issue/request here. I've got a 2013 3170 and after first trip heard creaking under driver side area, especially when "leaning in" to the driver side when in motion. I took it to a specialty ford truck repair shop (since dealer said it must be chassis related).

The ford repair found the bigfoot jack on the driver side was mounted just slightly touching the frame and it was causing the creaking. He said it needed to be handled by the dealer - brought to dealer, they adjusted and it was fine.

Again, may not be related to what you're seeing but in the event it happens to someone else, thought worth sharing.

Thanks....Very interesting...Once the rain stops I will be under mine to see it that may be my issue.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #29

Anyone ever discover what the issue was?
Old 01-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #30

Mine is still in the shop. They were doing a bunch of little things, one if which was the creaking noise. Lets hope they find something. Hopefully I will have it back in a few weeks. I said there was no rush since it's not camping season. I will let you all know the status.

Tags