Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #1

Love My 317ODS

Have to share. We just returned from a 3500 mile plus trip from Oklahoma thru New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona, up to Napa Calif and then down to LA, and Huntington Beach. We then stopped in Phoenix before the trip home. The Sunseeker was wonderful, not even one little problem. We have not experienced ANY problems with this unit since purchased new in 2013. When we left Phoenix we were ready to be home so we (like in I) drove straight thru, stopping only for gas, eats and cigar breaks. I would love some more engine power for the 6% hill climbs but minor irritant. I must recommend the Oasis RV resort in Las Vegas, not pricey yet very nice. I pulled my Jeep Wrangler for first long trip and never felt it back there. I do not have supp. brake system and was never needed. The tow/haul mode is great going up and coming down. Have not checked gas milage, as yet, but believe average was about 7mpg. at around 65mph. Cannot say enough great things about the Sunseeker and the grandkids in CA loved the bunk beds.
OKpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #2

For a little more umph and easier transmission shift points get yourself the 5star tune. You will not regret it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
Love My Sunseeker

I bought my Sunseeker 3170 in 2012, and I, too, have loved it. I got the computer desk option. With that option, you get more closets in the bedroom.

However, I'm selling the RV (trading for an SUV) in about three weeks. I'm just getting to the point where I want to try something else.

But I LOVED LOVED LOVED my 3170! After having also owned a 2860 and 3120.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:58 AM   #4

We love our 3170! Have had it 3 seasons put on almost 30,000 and everything we've needed to fix, there hasn't been much, we could do ourselves. Already planning our next one! The new 3270 is calling us!
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #5

We love our 3170 as well, truly fits us well!