Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #1

LP Tank Retrofit

We like our new 2016 Forester MBS 2401-R, except for one thing. In order to get the 15K BTU a/c with heat pump option we also had to get the LP Generator. The propane tank is so small, since we have to run the roof air traveling here in the South during the day in summer, that we literally have to refill LP daily.

I've heard that a retrofit to a larger tank may be either in the works or available. I promise you I'd be willing to drive to Elkhart from NC to get that installed at my own expense to fix this problem.

As I said, otherwise, we really like our new Forester.

Anyone know more about this retrofit?
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:30 PM   #2

You could put an extend a stay kit on so you could use 30 lb or larger portable bottles. Unless the retrofit tank was at least 3 or more times bigger you would still have to refill every other day. I doubt there would be space for a tank more than double the current size.
It might be better to change the generator over to a diesel but it probably would be costly. Then you might still have to watch fuel as the MB chassis has a pretty small diesel tank.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank