Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #1

Magnadyne M4 Clock Resetting

Does anyone else have an issue with their Magnadyne M4 clock resettting? I set the time. It holds for awhile. Then it suddenly becomes 3 hours earlier (the minutes don't adjust). I haven't figured out the pattern yet of when it occurs or what I did just prior.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
2012 Solera

Do you have the latest firmware from Magnadyne? On my Solera, with the (3rd) firmware update, the Magnadyne holds time and date accurately as long as the house batteries are "on". If I turn off the house batteries, when I later turn them back on, the time and date appear to be correct before turning on the GPS function. After switching to the GPS screen and waiting for it to "boot up", it will set to some time and date in Europe (15 hours change, I think). After I re-set, it keeps time and date accurately (until the next time I turn off the house batteries).
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #3

I have the same problem, the system keeps the minutes on track from the GPS but thinks that its in a time zone 11 hrs distant. How does one update the firmware?
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
I have the same problem, the system keeps the minutes on track from the GPS but thinks that its in a time zone 11 hrs distant. How does one update the firmware?
Contact (PM) JAMiller45 on this forum. Sent you a PM with more details.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Commercial Member

sadly, JAMiller45 is no longer with us. He is a traitor that has abandoned us all to fend for ourselves. I wanted to give the new guy a little more time before I throw him to the wolves. If JLeising did not give you the Magnadyne info already, PM me for it.

(Just kidding about the traitor part...he's still with the company, but he's gone to the "dark side" of sales.)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #6

Thanks, I can use all the help that I can get. No help from JLeising. Hope this is what is meant by 'PM'
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
2012 Solera

Geri - A "PM" is a Private Message - does not post on the forum; only accessible by the addressee. To access my Private Messages I go to "Quick Links" (upper right of my computer screen when scanned all the way up, just under my name box), click on the Quick Links pull down menu arrow, and click on Private Messages under Miscellaneous. You should have a Private Message from me which includes contact information for Pat Reardon at Magnadyne. I understand the forum policy is not to include private contact information in the forum posts (to avoid abuse)- but to use the Private Message system for that purpose.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #8

Many many thanks. I called Mr Reardon at Magnadyne and couldn't be more pleased with their response. The new firmware should be here within the week with detailed instructions for its installation. It was particularly refreshing to find someone who seemed eager to help rather than how to get around it.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Do you have the latest firmware from Magnadyne? On my Solera, with the (3rd) firmware update, the Magnadyne holds time and date accurately as long as the house batteries are "on". If I turn off the house batteries, when I later turn them back on, the time and date appear to be correct before turning on the GPS function. After switching to the GPS screen and waiting for it to "boot up", it will set to some time and date in Europe (15 hours change, I think). After I re-set, it keeps time and date accurately (until the next time I turn off the house batteries).
JLeising -

I'm not sure if I have the latest firmware update or not. I got an update from Pat at Magnadyne in late October / early November of last year. But I don't know if that's still the most current.

Our issue might be the same as yours. We park at a storage lot, not plugged in, so am using the battery disconnect more often than not. Perhaps using the battery disconnect is what's throwing our clocks off. Of course, it really shouldn't. I think I'll e-mail Pat at Magnadyne & ask him if he has any ideas.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
2012 Solera

Paulmlac - Let me know what you find out.
From what I now think I understand, the Magnadyne has two power inputs - "switched" which is intended to switch "off" with the ignition, and "unswitched" which stays on continuously. Forest River has sourced the "unswitched" power from the house batteries, so it goes off with the battery disconnect - but not with the ignition switch. I believe the "switched" power is supplied by either the house batteries or the chassis battery (isolated by diodes in a small Forest River circuit) - so the Magnadyne will play with the ignition "off" while camped. Also results in having to turn the Magnaadyne "off" manually (does not go off with the ignition). Since the "unswitched" goes "off" when the house power is turned "off", the Magnadyne loses some memory - including, apparently, time/date (but only on the GPS, which then seems to re-set the radio time/date - ??).

Again, let me know what you learn from Pat -
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
2012 Solera

Note, I have a Solera - Sunseeker may be wired differently.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #12

We received the latest updated firmware from Magnadyne today and installed it. Not as easy as it looks on the instructions, but found the Magnadyne support team provided splendid real time help in getting it done. Call them and a real person answers the phone. Two lessons learned, and a verbal heads up by Magnadyne. In removing the unit form the dash, mark the tools at one inch with a marker, and only push them in that far. You can feel a little click. They are nesting in a spring clip which is depressed when the tools are moved outward. Unfortunately my unit was so tight in the dash that they kept pulling free rather than freeing the unit. One needs to go around the whole periphery and ensure its clear of the dash, then using two thin putty knives to pry, while holding the tools out to depress the clips, finally freed it.
The screen calibration function, part of the firmware install, calls for 'touching' 5 circles thereby marking screen reference points for the program. If they are off, the sensing location for the touch screen is off. The instructions recommend a pencil eraser. More than that, take care to center on the plus sign contained in each circle.