Originally Posted by Olympia
The Magnadyne radio installed in my 2014 Solara RV is loaded with impressive features however it leaves me wanting. To start off I hate the paddle up and down volume. It takes forever to get the volume down when you are in a hurry
. The FM and AM radio reception is lousy except when in a big city
Satellite cirrus module and antenna not installed
. Back up and side camera's not wired
. I pod connection antiquated and would prefer Bluetooth for tunes and telephone. CD/DVD works great
1. We recently switched to the Jensen. One thing I asked for was a knob for volume (not that it helps you now...but just and FYI)
2. it is with all Class C's.
3. Sorry. No other Class C's even offer Sirius Ready radios. We had them take that logo off the radios (not our term...we think it's confusing) but they added it back on after Sirius complained. So for the new models we added the Sirius Tuner and Antenna to prevent confusion (which there still is). I'm still not happy about it. After installing 2400 of the new tuner and antennas, we've only had 102 sign ups.
4. Back up camera and side view cameras are optional equipment. We still don't use the radio anyway...we think that is a bad place for the camera. Instead we wire back up and die cameras to the rear view mirror area. natural place to look and lets you keep it on and watch the tow vehicle while using navigation.
5. The iPod dock is antiquated...the head unit should have Bluetooth as well. Have you tried pairing your phone? Should be an icon that says BT