Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #1

Magnadyne radio

Well, I went to start the RV up the other day, turned on the radio, it got real bright and went out. Does not power up. I pulled it from the dash and checked the fuse. Did a reset and nothing. Called the RV dealer and they finally made an appointment for me to come in to have it looked at. I noticed they cut the in line fuse off the power wire (red) and put a circuit card on there.

Hopefully they can get this resolved before we start camping.
Scootdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #2

800 638 3600. Magnadyne direct. Mark or Mike. Fabulous really helpful. No charge.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #3

Yes they are, I spoke with Mark
Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #4

Did you figure out he problem? Ours did that too. Thanks for any help.
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #5

Hello MzZorro, BuffaloRV made an appointment for me and after troubleshooting the system they determined the unit was bad. The sent out for a new replacement unit. 7 - 10 days. Hopefully I will hear something soon. Only been a week so far.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #6

When parked and plugged in, is the power to play the radio/ movies come from engine battery or plug in power? Like to sometimes leave on the radio for the dog and do not want to drain my battery. I have a 2014 2860DS Sunseeker.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM   #7

FR designed a circuit that powers the radio from either the chassis or coach battery. When the ignition is on, the power is from the chassis battery. When the ignition is off, power reverts to the coach battery. So in reply to your question, when parked the coach battery will supply power, and of course, if you are connected to shore power there will be no drain on the battery.

(If you want to see the circuit they designed, with the radio pulled from the dash, follow the + power lead on the radio. You will come across a little wad of electrical tape. The circuit is wrapped in that. Just another "added value" on FR products!).
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #8

Thumbs down magnadyne radio, leave me wanting

The Magnadyne radio installed in my 2014 Solara RV is loaded with impressive features however it leaves me wanting. To start off I hate the paddle up and down volume. It takes forever to get the volume down when you are in a hurry. The FM and AM radio reception is lousy except when in a big city Satellite cirrus module and antenna not installed. Back up and side camera's not wired. I pod connection antiquated and would prefer Bluetooth for tunes and telephone. CD/DVD works great . Olympia
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #9

They replaced my magnadyne a while back, but they ended up having to hot wire it to the battery, so when I turn off the RV I need to ensure that I turn off the radio. They told me there is an issue with the wiring harness ground somewhere on my new 2014 Sunseeker. SO, basically its usable, but I need to turn the RV in for a proper fix once the RVing season is over
Old 08-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
The Magnadyne radio installed in my 2014 Solara RV is loaded with impressive features however it leaves me wanting. To start off I hate the paddle up and down volume. It takes forever to get the volume down when you are in a hurry. The FM and AM radio reception is lousy except when in a big city Satellite cirrus module and antenna not installed. Back up and side camera's not wired. I pod connection antiquated and would prefer Bluetooth for tunes and telephone. CD/DVD works great . Olympia
1. We recently switched to the Jensen. One thing I asked for was a knob for volume (not that it helps you now...but just and FYI)
2. it is with all Class C's.
3. Sorry. No other Class C's even offer Sirius Ready radios. We had them take that logo off the radios (not our term...we think it's confusing) but they added it back on after Sirius complained. So for the new models we added the Sirius Tuner and Antenna to prevent confusion (which there still is). I'm still not happy about it. After installing 2400 of the new tuner and antennas, we've only had 102 sign ups.
4. Back up camera and side view cameras are optional equipment. We still don't use the radio anyway...we think that is a bad place for the camera. Instead we wire back up and die cameras to the rear view mirror area. natural place to look and lets you keep it on and watch the tow vehicle while using navigation.
5. The iPod dock is antiquated...the head unit should have Bluetooth as well. Have you tried pairing your phone? Should be an icon that says BT

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio