Old 03-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #1

magnadyne wiring help

I have a 2013 sunseeker 2300. It has a magnadyne touchscreen deck, the radio works on surround sound with the key on, doesn't work off the house batteries. Many of the wires were cut when the coach was broken into before I purchased it, this supposedly is a factory replacement and the wires weren't connected back to the deck for the TV's, etc. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or pics to explain the connections for the color coded wires going from the chassis to the deck?
thanks

Old 03-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #2

Take a look at the users manual, here is the link
http://dealers.magnadyne.com/MagPubl...11%20small.pdf
Scroll down to page 54

Good Luck!!

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #3

My RV came new with the radio powered from the chassis battery and needed the key on to work as well which seemed to me to be a dumb design. Your unit may also be original since the change over to power the radio from the coach batteries I believe was a running change during the 2013 model year. Before my first camping trip I wired in a selector switch so I could use either power source.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #4

Thanks for the manual! very helpful. I assume the yellow 12v constant is the camper batteries, vs. the red ignition
Old 03-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #5

I believe the yellow 12v constant feed is for retaining the radio memory and settings. It probably is already directly connected to the chassis battery as that would be the normal way to connect an indash radio. You could also connect to the coach battery but if you use the coach battery make sure it is connected directly to the coach batteries and not thru the disconnect switch, located in the footwell, as you would loose your radio settings every time you turn off the battery disconnect switch.

I have coach wiring diagrams for my unit but being a 2012 and a Jensen radio it is different. I would recommend leaving the 12v constant feed connected to the chassis battery but connect the red 12v ign feed wire to the coach battery thru the disconnect switch circuit. Issue will be to find if there is a wire already run to the radio area from the coach battery or if you will need to install an extra wire like I did. You dealer should be able to supply you with a copy of the wiring diagrams for your unit or at least let you review their's to determine what to do.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:01 PM   #6

There is a small external circuit board that FR invented that is on the 12v feed. It takes power from both the chassis and coach batteries, so the radio can operate when the key is on OR the battery disconnect is on. I assume the circuit has some kind of diode arrangement so that the two power sources cannot intermingle. Try contacting FR for some help.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

Tags
wiring