Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #1

maiden voyage with 3050s

Couple of questions...
  • Should there be an owners manual with the material received from dealer? Stuck in one drawer was a huge plastic bag with items from the different components (eg. tv, refrig, heater). I found one on-line for 2013 from the Forest River website, but can't find anything for our 2014 model.
  • The air conditioner every now and then will cycle on-off several times in a minute or two without touching the thermostat. Wouldn't think this is good for the compressor. Anybody else have that experience?
  • Where is the low point drain? I guess my walk through wasn't good enough with the dealer - or I didn't know what to ask. They neglected to tell me where the hot water bypass valve was - I found it by removing the wooden panel below the fridge. I wonder what else I wasn't told (see first point about missing owners manual...).
  • Can anybody point me to some information on the air suspension installed? The person pointed out the two valves and said there was plenty of reading to do on it in the walkthrough. Again with no manual - I'm clueless. What should it be set to? Is there such a thing as too much or too low?
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #2

Is it the fan or the compressor that is cycling? Had problems with our fan cycling whenever first turning on they had to replace a module to fix it.
Wilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Commercial Member

1. Yes...2013 is still current (as in their pretty general for owners manual)
3. If you look below the unit there should be two hoses hanging down (one with a cap, Blue) the other is read. At some point they started moving them to the Passenger side storage compartment behind the wheel. Open that (where one of those Ride Rite valves are) and there is another hinged door that covers the water pump, water filter and drain)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ride-Rite Installation.pdf (561.9 KB, 39 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Sunseeker 2500TS owner

Our 2014 2500TS came with generic manual, not specific to model, best I can find out that is all there is. For someone who is new to RV, that makes it tough. For as much as we pay they really should have a model specific manual, plus our sales person knew little about our 2500TS, so our walk around was not much help. Service techs gave me wrong info on several things too. Every time I use it I learn something new.
We did get a specific manual for air bags, values to add air are in lower, rear storage areas. I put 60 lbs in mine and that seems to work well so far. If you can not find the manual, let me know and I will let you know what web site to check to see if they have manuals on line.
We just got back from camping 7 hot days, our AC did cycle on and off some but not a lot. About two or three times a day it would turn off, then back on in a few seconds then off again. I assumed it was the fan only and not the compressor but not sure of that.
Our walk around did not include the low point drain either, so I will have to find mine too.
Good luck.. Emory in MD
ejkkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #5

Manuals

My 3051S had a large plastic bag loaded with manuals. I sorted them out and placed each in a large envelope with the description on the front. I actually printed out labels with the information, model & serial numbers.Then headed to Staples and purchased a portable file system to store them in.

BTW...there was a Forest River manual in the bag. But you need product specific manuals for each of your RV's components. All other information can be found online but you need model and serial numbers handy.

I found my low point hot (red) & cold (blue) drains by crawling underneath. My a/c runs a lot during the heat of the day. Sometimes it shuts off and then turns right back on again. But, I learned to close the sliding door to the vanity and open the a/c dump louver to fast cool the interior.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. As far as the AC, it seems to be the entire unit because I didn't hear anything running. But I'll have to confirm that to be sure.
johnlantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #7

have a 3050s 2013 unit, found a few manuals missing and my walk thru was a quick one. dealer said this was the first unit they had and know little about it. found things with hit and miss. this is the best place to get good advice on the unit. wish they had this years ago
oldnewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #8

Congrats on your 3050, We love our 3050 which is a 2013 mh. So much to learn with a new motorhome, very thankful for this website.
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote