Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
Senior Gold Member

Main inside TV Sound

We have a new 2019 Sunseeker 3010 DSF. Is the Main TV set up to play sound through the Jensen sound system or do I need to patch a cord of some type between the two to use the in-house sound system?
Old 06-15-2019, 06:08 AM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

Yes, it is controlled thru the radio. Mine is a 2016 and is controlled thru the dash radio where yours is above the door so the instructions may be different. I know you have a speaker abc switch which mine does not have so it may be easier. Hopefully someone will chime in with a set up like yours. You will need to change the setting on both the TV and the radio. I have included the instruction for mine to give you an idea. The first part for the TV should be the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014-11-15 TV through Surround Sound.pdf (835.6 KB, 114 views)
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:56 AM   #3

You need to turn on the unit above the door and choose the hdmi input. Then i believe source A is inside speakers. I’m still playing around with my new ‘19 3010ds.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:39 AM   #4

We are trying this ourselves, no luck so far.. The wife is really wanting to be able to watch TV, but listen on her headphones to keep from bothering me while driving!!
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

I don’t believe that the tv is Bluetooth enabled, as to listen with wireless headphones. But if you figure it out. Please post! I would love to have my kids watch the tv without me hearing their movies.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Hi Rider
Main inside TV Sound

Looking for answers to this as well. I don't understand the connection mentioned between the radio (which is on the dash on the chassis) and the coach speakers and sound system. My TV has terrible sound.
2020 - 162 Days and 5,359 Miles
2021 - 113 Days and 3,835 Miles
2022 - 35 Days and counting, and 3,372 Miles and counting
Hi Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #7

All stereo tv equipment is a little different.

Newest stuff uses one two way hdmi arc cables. A challenge to coordinate settings. Old stuff had 6 wires between units in groups of three, RCA.

Make and model of the tv and radio helps, maybe. Manufacturers change stuff often.

There are lots of ways to do things.

A diagram of the back of the units will help. Plus wires to it. No easy task.

Our manufacturer forgot to attach an arc cable. Only the radio worked., also the tv worked but, no dvds etc. Took hours to figure it out.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #8

The "AUX" button controls the input from other devices, such as the TV. On ours, push this button twice to AUX 2 and it should work. You may have to turn the stereo button up more than normal, but the surround sound should work.

Related to this, make sure to turn the outside speakers off unless you want neighbors to hear whatever you're watching. On ours, once you turn the stereo on, all speakers are on including sub-woofer (C).
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunseekerFAMof6 View Post
You need to turn on the unit above the door and choose the hdmi input. Then i believe source A is inside speakers. I’m still playing around with my new ‘19 3010ds.
This is how mine works, except, I have to choose ARC input.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:44 AM   #10
Senior Gold Member

More radio TV stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthomaslyons View Post
We have a new 2019 Sunseeker 3010 DSF. Is the Main TV set up to play sound through the Jensen sound system or do I need to patch a cord of some type between the two to use the in-house sound system?
Additional Info

I can’t find a Jensen manual for the ih-house system over the entrance door, that would help determine the model. So today I went through most of the knobs and buttons on the coach sound system and main TV couldn’t get what was playing on the TV to be heard on the coach system so I put a movie into the coach sound system while the TV was on and voila both the sound system and TV switched to the same mode and the movie could be seen on the TV and heard on the coach system. After getting the movie to play without me doing anything on my own, I then tried to figure out how to make the TV heard on the coach system so I took a cord and plugged it into the TV Line out jack and into the front of the coach system and voila I could hear the TV sound on the TV and on the coach system although I had to turn the sound volume up quite a bit. I need to find the Jensen model number so I can download the operating manual because three must be another way to hear the TV through the sound system. Above the Jensen coach sound system there is a 110v plug in, a 12 volt receptacle (lighter type) and what appears to be a HDMI plug that must be for satellite. When I take the Sunseeker back for warranty and deficiency repairs I will have to ask more questions about the AV equipment.
rthomaslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM   #11

Bluetooth

I found this item on Amazon it will take the audio from the TV (or other devices like a computer or phone, game console, etc) and transmit the audio via bluetooth to devices like head phones.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra.../dp/B07C5J2WWD

Thanks for the thread, it made me realize that I need to add some audio controls to my 2005 Sunseeker 2860 (I just bought and my first RV)

Since I am doing renovations and improvements, I will add the cabin sound system, Bluetooth and media player features.
Brackston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:04 PM   #12

Success! I went back out this AM and looked at the back of the TV again. I noticed a LINE OUTPUT jack and another USB on the other edge of the TV, that I had missed before.... I was able to plug the wife's headphones into the LINE OUTPUT connection, turn the TV SPEAKER OFF on the controls screen, and it works juts fine by controlling the TV Volume with the remote.

We then tried it with the DVD player and it does the same thing. We just had to run the Volume Control on the Jensen down to zero, and control the TV volume.

She is one happy camper now.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Rider View Post
Looking for answers to this as well. I don't understand the connection mentioned between the radio (which is on the dash on the chassis) and the coach speakers and sound system. My TV has terrible sound.
The is no connection between the two systems. The Jensen is probably a JWM70 model. Look closely on the bottom center of the faceplate to verify the model.

To get TV sound to the Jensen you have to hook up the HDMI cable to the HDMI input on the back of the TV labeled ARC. Also verify the HDMI cable is plugged in to the port on the side of the radio.

Here’s the manual: https://fccid.io/2AL9FJWM70A/User-Ma...serMan-3500289
Old 06-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #14

Yeah, sorry. The cab radio is great for AM/FM/Bluetooth from my iPhone. Don't use it for anything else while driving.

The RADIO/DVD/AUX we were talking about was the Jensen on the cabinet, connected to the TV. All the proper cables are already connected from the factory. We just had to figure them out. The one were missing was the LINE OUTPUT hole for the headphones.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #15

I did install Bluetooth to my TV and bought 4 headset its a rather simple process. I will post the transmitter that i bought you need a certain one with zero delay so the words come out as they are speaking. Its a nice addition cause i got sick of hearing the Icarly theme song while driving.

Tags
saunseeker, sunseeker