Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #11

I purchased mine in 2013 (2014 model), how would I know if my tires were recalled?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.wiseman View Post
I purchased mine in 2013 (2014 model), how would I know if my tires were recalled?
My dealer has some copies of the recall in their service dept. It has the details showing the tire size, rating... So you can check your tires.

Sorry i dont have more. Call your service dept or calling Ford service Dept is probably easiest

I am freaking out a little bit now that i read, earlier post, they recommend no road trips if you are affected.

EDIT: i just found this. i am not 100% sure this is the right one. they had two posted. This one read like it could be the right one.
http://www.michelinman.com/safety-recall.page

Old 03-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.wiseman View Post
Mine is 2014 made in 2013 model also, I am hopeful it does not have a 2012 tire on it. Planning to remove from storage this weekend to find out.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #14
ETF

I received the recall notice from Michelin. I checked the ties on my 2013 Forester but it doesn't appear that mine fall within the recall date. It's going in to Ford in a couple of weeks for its 5K service so I'll have them check just to be sure.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #15

I guess I was just lucky time wise when one of my inner duals blew out on my 2011 3170DS (2010 Ford frame) during our Christmas travels. Road side service changed out the tire for the spare and the guy hinted to me to take the blowout to a Michelin tire dealer for inspection as he thought it looked like tread separation (when it went it sounded like a gun shot).

Upon getting to our destination I took the whole RV over to the towns only Michelin tire shop (small town), only because I was being lazy and wanted them to change out the spare once I got a new tire put on the blowout.

The tire shop guy took one look at the blowout and said the same thing... that it was a defect and blew due to tread separation. He glanced at the tire size and popped up and said he had to go check something. Came back with paper work from Michelin to all the tire dealers giving them early notice of the recall that would be announced and sent to all known owners soon. He recorded all the DOT codes from all my tires, went back inside to order them, then told me to come back tomorrow at 8am and they'd install 6 new tires for me FREE of charge!

For the first time in my life, I can say I was in the front of the line and not the back! :-)
Old 03-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #16

We got seven new Michelin replacements yesterday. Our vehicle is a 2011 Sunseeker and all tires qualified even the spare. Luckily, we were camping near Kingman, AZ and the Discount tire store had just received a shipment. They were fast and efficient and we were happy to get a full set of tires for no cost.

Prior to going to Kingman, I called Michelin and they were super nice and told me that they really want those tires off the road as soon as possible. Ours needed to be replaced anyhow so it worked well for us.

BTW, I did not get a letter. Thanks to this forum I discovered the recall.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #17

I was told the Michelin tires were out of stock in the San Diego area. I then filed a complaint with the NTSB. A couple weeks later the tire dealer got in a shipment and I received 6 new Michelin tires.
Get your name on a waiting list, demand the Michelins, file complaint.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #18

Davegood we are in San Diego, haven't made the first move yet to get new tires. Who did you call? Do we have to give fire specs or just call,say , discount tire and tell them the situation? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #19

TCI Tire Center 12208 Industry Rd, Lakeside, CA 92040 (619) 596-8473
They were good enough to take my name and contact me when the tires arrived.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #20

Sorry for the incomplete response.
I had the recall notice, as did they. I knew the front tires were within the recall. Could not check the rear because they are mounted backwards. Luckily they were the same.
Discount Tire were out of stock and they never called me.

Tags
recall, tire