Old 03-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #1

Michelin Tire Recall

I received a recall notice on the Michelin tries that came on my 2012 Sunseeker. However I have already replaced them and I need the DOT numbers of the tires to get reimbursed. Does anyone know if Forest River would have the records of that ? Also how would I contact them to find out. Not having much luck finding a phone number.

It is on a Ford chassis so not sure if tires came on it from Ford or from Sunseeker plant.

Any help appreciated

Old 03-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Forest River Contact Information
Ive tried to put a link to a post that had some contact info.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Forest River Forums mobile app

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

When did you have them replaced?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #4

I doubt Forest River would have any records on the tires other than the spare which they supply. The tires on the chassis are supplied by Ford or installed by Ford when the chassis is built. The recall notice I believe was generated from Ford data on what tires they think were used on the chassis you bought with the motorhome. Since you have a 2102 model motor home you probably have a 2011 Ford chassis. My 2012 built in November 2011 is on a 2011 chassis and has tires dated within the recall period.

If you had the tires replaced due to the condition of this recall you likely can get reimbursed. The recall terms talk about that situation.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #5

I have a 2013 Sunseeker built on a 2012 Ford E-450 chassis. My tires are affected - LTX M/S LT225/75R16 115/112R LRE (0210 to 2512 date code). I spoke with Michelin, the replacement tires they suggest (LTX M/S2 LT225/75R16 115/112R LRE) are non-existent nation-wide for the most part. They also suggest a BF Goodrich and a Uniroyal (owned by Michelin) as replacements, but they too in many cases are unavailable. The recall affects 1.2 million tires. I had to go with a third party tire, Michelin will ok it as they know replacement tires are becoming scarce.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #6

Most recalls will only reimburse if the product is still in use or they were replaced because of a defect reason which is the same for the recall
Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #7

Man i don't want to hear there is a replacement tire shortage right now. Took my 2014 Sunseeker in for some due bill stuff last week and asked if they could handle the tire recall while installing those tire blowout rings things and they said NOPE. Wheels and tires are off. I assume all they need to do is call ford and exchange the tires i assume. I would even do the driving. But nope. Have to take it to Ford. I am starting to really wish i would have went somewhere else and bought it. Long story
Old 03-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ2N View Post
I have a 2013 Sunseeker built on a 2012 Ford E-450 chassis. My tires are affected - LTX M/S LT225/75R16 115/112R LRE (0210 to 2512 date code). I spoke with Michelin, the replacement tires they suggest (LTX M/S2 LT225/75R16 115/112R LRE) are non-existent nation-wide for the most part. They also suggest a BF Goodrich and a Uniroyal (owned by Michelin) as replacements, but they too in many cases are unavailable. The recall affects 1.2 million tires. I had to go with a third party tire, Michelin will ok it as they know replacement tires are becoming scarce.
That's good to hear because I want the replacements to have white letters to set off the black and silver alloys I will be installing with this change.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankwilliamsjrjr View Post
I received a recall notice on the Michelin tries that came on my 2012 Sunseeker. However I have already replaced them and I need the DOT numbers of the tires to get reimbursed. Does anyone know if Forest River would have the records of that ? Also how would I contact them to find out. Not having much luck finding a phone number.

It is on a Ford chassis so not sure if tires came on it from Ford or from Sunseeker plant.

Any help appreciated
If you already had them replaced on a 2012, I suppose you had some problems with them and replaced on a 'pro-rated' basis?

The tire dealer that changed them out probably had contact with Michelin at that time.
If you have not, I would call Michelin and see if it is in their records.
They were very helpful with mine.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #10

parpar1, perhaps it depends on where you live, but tires a no go here. Thing is I leave for Florida in 12 days, although I'm on a waiting list, I don't have a prayer to ever see the Michelins before my departure date. My tire dealer did find the same size tire (Cooper/Mastercraft) in all respects (except a 60,000 mile tread warranty vs Michelin's 70,000) and there were only 6 of them left in the warehouse! They're now at the tire shop awating a "warm day" (above 0!) to install them since they'll have to be installed outside with a jack. In all my phone calls to Michelin, they realize the impact of the recall. FR was also great in returning my phone call, although the issue is not with them, but Michelin and Ford. Ford Customer Service said no chassis are now leaving the plant until the Michelins arrive. I would think with their buying power, they would receive tires before any consumer. Ford and Michelin both were quite adamant about NOT traveling with the recalled tires.

Tags
recall, tire