Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #1

More 3170ds Newbie Questions

After my first trip, I have a few more questions:

1. In the shower the wall seem very loose against the tub. It seems I can push the wall in about an inch, and looks like a lot of water could get in that gap. It seems like it needs a line of caulk around the tub. Does the tub go up under the walls? Any reason I should not caulk around the tub/wall joint?

2. We custom ordered the coach from the factory. I got the full body paint job. I know it was in the paint shop some time between January 3-10. How long should I wait to wash and wax. Any hint for washing and waxing? I have an electric power washer, not very strong, would you use it or just a bucket and brush? How do you feel about spray wax? I might be too lazy to do a full wax on 32 feet of RV!

3. I just put it in storage for two week. I have leveling jacks. Is there any reason to have the jacks down? I went with jacks up.

4. My dealer said that my basement storage compartments have the same key as every RV on his lot. Has anyone gone to the trouble of replacing or rekeying these locks?

Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachPJG View Post

1. In the shower the wall seem very loose against the tub. It seems I can push the wall in about an inch, and looks like a lot of water could get in that gap. It seems like it needs a line of caulk around the tub. Does the tub go up under the walls? Any reason I should not caulk around the tub/wall joint?

2. We custom ordered the coach from the factory. I got the full body paint job. I know it was in the paint shop some time between January 3-10. How long should I wait to wash and wax. Any hint for washing and waxing? I have an electric power washer, not very strong, would you use it or just a bucket and brush? How do you feel about spray wax? I might be too lazy to do a full wax on 32 feet of RV!

3. I just put it in storage for two week. I have leveling jacks. Is there any reason to have the jacks down? I went with jacks up.

4. My dealer said that my basement storage compartments have the same key as every RV on his lot. Has anyone gone to the trouble of replacing or rekeying these locks?

Q2 I have the Sunseeker with paint and a KZ toyhauler without. I use a bucket and car wash mitt for everything but the front over the cab and the roof where I use a brush. I hand waxed the toyhauler each year even though it was stored under a cover almost all the time. Now with the Sunseeker I store them both inside so I will only wax every couple years. I see no problem with washing now but would probably wait til spring and warmer weather to wax.

Q3 I have jacks and leave them up. If down moisture and condensation could corrode the shafts and give you problems.

Q4 You are correct all hatches use the same CH751 key. I know both my KZ and the Sunseeker are the same. I believe there are also only a handful of different keys for the coach door. I have not rekeyed anything. The cab doors are Ford so they have a lot of combinations.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachPJG View Post

The tub lip does go up about 1.5-2" up behind the shower surround.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #4

I'm looking at rekeying mine now. However, you basically have to measure each one so you get the proper replacements.

Mr. Clemens do you have a list of lock sizes you could provide for each coach?

I waxed my Sunseeker last year - wash, detailed, then wax. What a pain. But I will still do it once per year even though mine is undercover also.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
GM

I don't have anything like that. Most of them should be the same. Only the big rear doors (thicker) would be any different.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags