Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #1

More than the norm?

After having out brand new 2014 3170DS here is what we are having problems with:
The bunk slide stopped working, we are getting new motors.
The GPS isnt working at all
We have water coming out from under the shower
The black tank cleanout stopped working
A major decor flaw in the kitchen table
Switchbox doesnt offer antenna

The finish is great...nice cabinet work, tight corners, good transitions - but the build seems sloppy. Lots of excess sealant and the problems above.

Am I picky or am I entitled to disappointment?
elvis90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #2

Sloppy Sealant

Ours in now almost nine months old and had lots of sloppy sealant application. I complained and got a soothing letter, but since have seen several repeats of my experience here.
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #3

More then the norm? IMHO I would say no. Our unit has been plagued. Roof issues that won't even be addressed. A huge list of things that have already been fixed. Driving to the Grand Canyon now and everyday something new breaks. Now I can't be connected to city water because it fills my freshwater tank, awning lights went out, A/C cools to a balmy 85 degrees, nice when you're in the west. Storage doors are coming apart. TV rubber mounts are crumbling apart. I could on. At this rate I wonder if I'll be able to get the hung back home to FL. All I want to do is get it home and trade it. Disgusted after my third payment.
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
More then the norm? IMHO I would say no. Our unit has been plagued. Roof issues that won't even be addressed. A huge list of things that have already been fixed. Driving to the Grand Canyon now and everyday something new breaks. Now I can't be connected to city water because it fills my freshwater tank, awning lights went out, A/C cools to a balmy 85 degrees, nice when you're in the west. Storage doors are coming apart. TV rubber mounts are crumbling apart. I could on. At this rate I wonder if I'll be able to get the hung back home to FL. All I want to do is get it home and trade it. Disgusted after my third payment.

Sounds like you got one built Friday Afternoon or Monday Morning!! Concerning the back filling of the water tank when on city water try cycling the pump on and off a few times. It sounds like a stuck or some foreign material in the pump backflow check valve.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #5

I have heard a lot of good thinks about. FR. Seems to me, you have a unit that needs to be sent back to FR. FR needs to respond and work out a mutually beneficial solution. Does not matter what day it was built, problems still need to be addressed.

Even though I have not had any issues with my 3170, I am very much interested in this blog.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Plain Old Member

Not too major. All should be relatively easy fixes. As ATVer mentioned on the pump, this is a common problem on many MH brands. Our last one did the same, above a certain pressure, I think 50 psi. Bumped the pressure down a bit on our regulator, cycled the pump and it quit filling the tank. Can't remember if that shower has an access panel like ours, but that was one of our many leak tests when I got it home to do my own rigorous PDI. On ours you can access the drain nut underneath via the panel. Could be that, or the faucet fittings. Either way, none of your items are acceptable, but all are easy fixes. FR should take care of you. Keep us posted.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #7

Thanks for info guys. I have tried cycling the pump, but it still fills the tank of city water. My water pressure regulator is showing 40si. I have to turn on the city water, wait an hour, then turn it off and use the water pump for water use. When that tank gets low I repeat the same. When connected to city water, I can take the cap off the fresh fill and hear gurgling. I would love to see the pump, but it looks like I will have take part of the bed foundation apart to get to it. All the other campers are wondering why I am outside turning the hose on and off! In the am, I am going to call a mobile RV repair place and see if they can fix it or replace the pump. Most likely will be out of pocket though.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #8

Garette, as to a response from forest river; the person who handles all the warranty claims for our dealership hasn't even been able to get through. She says she has all kinds of claims backing up and FR is way behind. Last email I received from her had a number or FR and advised me to try to get in touch with them as she hasn't had any luck.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #9

My dealer also gave me an external regulator to tie into the city water before it gets to the RV. That is suppose to help with water pressure that is too high.
Sun.ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #10

I have always used a pressure regulator, think the issue is with he pump. Garette, thanks for your private message. I'll see if that person will help me out.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #11

We do what we can to help one another.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #12

So now the rear slide stopped working and I have had to rent a car and possibly cancel my 4th of July plans.
On top of a leak from under the shower.
Sure is heart breaking.
Do you think FR has a loaner or would pay for my rental car?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #13

Don't hold your breath on that one! We're heading home now. Just hope she stays together in one piece. Our genset fuel went out AGAIN earlier today. Then, on the interstate I looked in my mirror and saw the water heater hanging out about to fall to ground. I had to laugh. I did stop and duct tape it but really at this point I would rather take it back to the dealer when we get home with a giant hole in it. But, since I know that won't be warrantied either, I better try to keep it! At least the folks at Onan don't give any problems fixing what they made.

We have been camping for 21 nights on this trip, and many people ask about my new Motorhome. After they take a look at the issues for themselves, and hear about my experiences, they wouldn't even consider a FR product.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #14

4Gcampers -

How can the water heater be hanging out. Aren't they inside a kitchen cupboard on the floor. I would think you'd have a hole in the floor and storage bottom for it to be hanging out. Unless you're talking about the access panel on the side but don't think a 6 gallon water heater could come out that size of hole either.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #15

Lol. Paul, you are correct. I don't think the entire unit could come out, but who knows! The outer access panel is hanging off with the guts from the igniter assembly. I turned off the gas supply in case the valve is damaged and taped in place. Moved all the food from the fridge to a cooler. Three more says until we're home..yay!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis90210 View Post
After having out brand new 2014 3170DS here is what we are having problems with:
The bunk slide stopped working, we are getting new motors.
The GPS isnt working at all
We have water coming out from under the shower
The black tank cleanout stopped working
A major decor flaw in the kitchen table
Switchbox doesnt offer antenna

The finish is great...nice cabinet work, tight corners, good transitions - but the build seems sloppy. Lots of excess sealant and the problems above.

Am I picky or am I entitled to disappointment?
1. sounds like you're on it
2. reset, or contact Magnadyne for update.
3. if its just a little, could be leaking at the corners. Lots of water could be fitting leak...more than likely its the corners.
4. was it working before?
5. picture?
6. Switchbox doesn't offer antenna??? not sure what that means.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #17

For those watching this I still do not have my RV back. According to the dealer we are stuck between FR and the slide out manufacturer to get the parts we need.
Alreadt spent $300 on a rental car and missed our entire 4th of July plans due to the bickering.
I am certainly not impressed with FR putting their vendor in the mix.
We are supposed to leave for our family vacation this week....lets hope
Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #18
Commercial Member

PM me your VIN

Old 07-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #19

We are without our new 3170DS due to our sofa slide not working - already canceled this weekends plans - supposedly the slide manufacturer will be sending parts and we will hopefully get it back sometime next week. We'll see.
colestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Let me know what they diagnose as the problem.