Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 12:48 PM   #1

MUD Flap/TOAD protection for Sunseeker

I am in the process of getting my Jeep Wrangler ready to be a TOAD behind our 2900 Sunseeker. Is there anyone out there who pulls a TOAD and recommendations for a product to protect it? I've looked at several options including the Ultraguard RV full width mudflap, and the Blue OX/ Roadmaster netting systems.

Any advice is appreciated...Thanks!
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #2

I got the BlueOx Kargard II. It's a net system that worked well on first two trips with toad. I like that it rolls up and stays on hitch when not in use.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gcampers View Post
I am in the process of getting my Jeep Wrangler ready to be a TOAD behind our 2900 Sunseeker. Is there anyone out there who pulls a TOAD and recommendations for a product to protect it? I've looked at several options including the Ultraguard RV full width mudflap, and the Blue OX/ Roadmaster netting systems.

Any advice is appreciated...Thanks!
the ultraguards don't work well and if you hit a bump they can actually throw debris up at the TOAD. As Wandering said, the KarGard II from BlueOx works well. I was also surprised to find that it kept my rear view camera a lot cleaner when it rained since so much of what clouds that camera was coming up from the rear of the coach. So stick with the factory mud flaps and install the KarGard II. You'll like it.
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #4

We have been flat towing our jeep Liberty with our 2300 for four years now without any sort of shield and don't have any damage to the front of the Liberty.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:32 PM   #5

I use the ultra guard. Been towing now for 1.5 years approx 6000 miles and so far, have no damage on my 2014 Outback. I have been satisfied.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, toad