Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

my 2012 3170ds is a lemon

My brand new 3170ds is a lemon, Problems to date: coach air just had to be replaced, leak over front bunk ,gas vapor problem in engine,large rear storage pulled away from wall,sub woofer didn't work,missing pipe from generator,bath suround pulling off wall,seveal storage locks dont work,co alarm goes off,cable tv problemMore time in shop then on the road!

Dan and Nancy
badboy267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Have you called our warranty rep. These are all things that should be fixed pretty quickly, other than the Ford issue, we have no control over that. PM me who you bought the unit from and I'll see if I can grease the wheels.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #3

My RV dealer has been very helpful with all the problems. Thanks (Its just so far from my home every time I need to have fixed. lots of gas$$$)

Dan and Nancy
Old 07-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #4

Just picked up from Ford dealer, It needed a fuel pump and vapor management system.

Dan and Nancy
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #5

Don't take this post wrong I'm not trying to bash Forest River, just very upset with all the problems with a brand new unit. Recent trip to Disney World was ruined when coach air failed, then truck engine started acting up.

Dan and Nancy
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Understandable, especially when the chassis starts acting up too.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #7

Back in the shop once again. This time slide screws falling out/rubber seal on slide falling off.

Dan and Nancy
Old 08-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #8

Can you explain the missing pipe from your generator? I just bought the same exact unit and am experiencing problems with the generator shutting off while driving down the road. Some of your other issues I have also had to deal with on mine.
Thanks
kthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #9

Not sure if this is causing your generator issue but it will auto shutdown if the fuel tank level gets to around a 1/4 if I recall correctly. That's to protect you from emptying the chassis fuel tank when parked camping.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #10

My generator was cutting off even with a full tank. But I discovered that if I only screw the gas cap in 1 click it does fine. If I screw it in multiple clicks I'm experiencing some sort of fuel tank vacuum/venting issue. So keep that in mind if yours ever just shuts down 30 mins into a trip. If you ever try and restart it and can hear the electric fuel pump making a loud ticking sound loosen your gas cap. LOL
kthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #11

It was missing the exhaust pipe. However it ran good.

Dan and Nancy
Old 08-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #12

Other issues I'm having TV surround sound don't work, Microwave oven door has a air leak between the glass(it fogs up when using),Generator exhaust pipe hanger rubber part is cracking,and kitchen sink base door won't stay closed.

Dan and Nancy
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy267 View Post
Other issues I'm having TV surround sound don't work, Microwave oven door has a air leak between the glass(it fogs up when using),Generator exhaust pipe hanger rubber part is cracking,and kitchen sink base door won't stay closed.
TV Surround doesn't work? What brand TV is it? We didn't start the surround system until we went to Jensen TV's & the Magnadyne head unit. Jensen is the only one with audio out and Magnadyne the only one with audio in.

Kitchen sink base should be a "barrel latch". Might need a 2nd one added if the catch is loose. There are ways to make it a little tighter.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #14

TV is a jennsen ,and the radio is a Magnadyne, The problem is the audio wire that is used for the surround sound.,one side (red wire) dont work at all,and the white side has a hum.

Dan and Nancy

Tags