Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #21

Yes I have 2 buttons and your are correct. Both in for On and Auto gas. I just dont theink the burner is coming on. I didnthave time today to mess with it but tomorrow im gonna check the fridge compartment on outside. Said there is some fuses in there.

Thanks for the info
fmf421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #22

Mike, while you are poking around the fridge compartment, check the burner tube and see if Charlotte the Spider or one of her friends built a home in there. Spiders like LP tubes for some reason, whether it is the water heater or the fridge... And if they have taken up residence they could clog the tube or block flow enough to inhibit combustion. Just an idea.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #23

I think i got the fridge working.

The burner is lit and the freezer is getting cold. The fridge is taking its time so im not sure that its working.

I figured out I had to have the battery power key on to make the fridge light. It wouldnt light with the rv plugged in.

So do you guys drive with your Battery key turned on?? Should I just leave it on all the time even when Im plugged into electric.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #24

I'm glad you got the fridge working! It takes the fridge a lot longer to cool down. We start ours at least 24 hours before we need to use it. Its probably working fine, just have to give it some time. If you search refrigerators on the site you will find some links to fans for your fridge that will help keep it cool.

I always have my batteries on until I store it for winter. Other then that they never get turned off. But i have mine rv plugged in at home. If its going to be a few weeks in between your trips you will want to turn them off unless you will be plugged in at home also.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #25

I'm gonna try an overnight with the family. Wish me luck
Thanks alot for the help everyone. Wow there's alot to get familure with
Mike
Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #26

If you have the means to, keep on posting if you need help while your out.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #27

Fridge working

Mike,
Congrats on getting the fridge up and running.
I don't have my coach on shore power most of the time when at home, so as soon as things are ready I turn the battery switch Off. That way the parasitic loads like the LP gas detector and carbon monoxide detector don't suck the battery dry. When I need 12v power all it takes is a second to turn the switch on.
I installed my own fridge fan after seeing several here on the forum, I am kind of thrifty. The fan helps the fridge run cooler and prevents frost and ice from forming on the cooling fins. This trip last month to Branson with outside temps about 105* the fridge was good and cold and we had ice in the trays in the freezer.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ate-12632.html

Here is the one on eBay that others have purchased with good results and is what inspired me to do my own.

DOMETIC NORCOLD REFRIGERATOR FAN FOR RV 12 VOLT | eBay

Enjoy the first night camping, you'll start figuring out what works for you pretty quickly.

Chris in Virginia

Old 08-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #28

Well we made it home from our 1st trip in the new RV. It went well we went to a little campground in the panhandle of panacea Fl. Everything seemed to work well. Thank goodness it did so my wife will be willing to go again.
I didn't try the cable hook up cause I forgot to pack a piece of coax cable. And I have no clue how to use the wingard satilite attached to roof.
But we got the first trip out of the way.
Thanks for everyones help.

I'm sure I'll becasking more questions soon

Mike
Old 08-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Winegard satellite or Wingard antenna?

A Satellite will be a white dome in most cases. Antenna is shown..
Attached Images

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #30

RT-(BCLEMENS)

I have both on top of rv.

So on the inside of driver rear cargo area there is a cable jack.( I assume that is for cable hook up at a campgrtoung.

Now in the left cabinet Ent. system I have a grey coax cable comint fromthe roof hooked to nothing and a cable jack with a button on it and when you press button it turns green. Then I have the coax cord from the tv running in the cabinet also.

What kind of box do I need for a wingard satillite?

How do I use all those connections.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmf421 View Post
RT-(BCLEMENS)

I have both on top of rv.

So on the inside of driver rear cargo area there is a cable jack.( I assume that is for cable hook up at a campgrtoung. correct

Now in the left cabinet Ent. system I have a grey coax cable comint fromthe roof hooked to nothing This is the atellite hook up that would go into the receiver, then the receiver into the TV or swtich box for distribution (or both depending on receiver) and a cable jack with a button on it and when you press button it turns green This is the antenna hook up. Then I have the coax cord from the tv running in the cabinet also. This would be plugged into the antenna (with the green button) or the satellite receiver

What kind of box do I need for a wingard satillite? Satellite can be Dish or DirecTV... I recommend DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket. Dish for everything else (Dual tuner boxes, dual TV controls, monthly pay as you go mobile set up. You can pay one month and then cut it off)

How do I use all those connections.
Looks like you have lots of options

Old 08-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #32

Hi Mike,

Congrats on the camper and getting your first trip out of the way.

Sounds like we have the exact same model of camper, 3100SS 2004 and it appears that Vasnipe's 2006 model is a very similar as well.

I'm curious to know if either of you have issues with your fresh water tank running out the overflow. If I fill the tank full at home and drive to the campsite, I've lost about 1/3 of the water in the fresh water tank. This is due to the fact that it sloshes around and runs out the overflow tube.

I was thinking about putting a valve in the hose to prevent but wanted other opinions.

Thanks.
Attached Images

MikeInColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
Commercial Member

If it is running out, its running out of the vent tube. Whatever you do, make sure air can still get out.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInColo View Post
Hi Mike,

Congrats on the camper and getting your first trip out of the way.

Sounds like we have the exact same model of camper, 3100SS 2004 and it appears that Vasnipe's 2006 model is a very similar as well.

I'm curious to know if either of you have issues with your fresh water tank running out the overflow. If I fill the tank full at home and drive to the campsite, I've lost about 1/3 of the water in the fresh water tank. This is due to the fact that it sloshes around and runs out the overflow tube.

I was thinking about putting a valve in the hose to prevent but wanted other opinions.

Thanks.
Mike,
That is also called an air escape, if you valve it and forget later the valve is closed, one of two things will happpen. You'll give your bedroom an unwanted bath, maybe all 30 gallons or just as bad when using the tank with the pump you'll suck it to the size of football!. Another way to do it is to cut into the tubiing like you wood for a valve, instead install a vacuum breaker as high as possible in that space. The vac breaker will stop the water from leaving the tank because it will break the syphon effect the falling water has on the tanks now.

For a good example, under your wash basin and in the kitchen both sinks are fitted with vac breakers attached to the drain piping, otherwise the water would never go down the vacuum down the pipe can't break the trap, you don't want it to. Instead the vac breaker opens and allows air in, water continues to grey tank. Hope this works for ya.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #35

MikeInColo, I've never had any water loss from the tank due to driving. But I don't travel with a full tank, only about 1/3 for hand washing and cup rinsing during lunch stops. There have been other threads on here from other trailer owners with similar problems.

Regards,
Chris in Virginia

Old 08-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #36

What type of roof would this 2004 unit have. What shouyld i do to maintain it??
Any help would be great.

Also have problem with back window. looks like all trip is dry rotted and someone tried to silicone around the window but still I see water on inside window frame whena hard rain comes. Any ideas who or how to fix.

Also any one have leaking issuse on roof up front over cab where the seam is going across bunk area. mine has some damage and looks like some one tryed a bubba fix. I put eternabond but not sure how good or long its gonna last before i should have professionally fixed

Thanks
Old 08-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #37

Roof type

"What type of roof would this 2004 unit have. What should i do to maintain it?? Any help would be great."

You may have a rubber membrane roof, take a look up there and if it feels rubbery, well, yes. There are threads and threads on roof care but they seem to boil down to cleaning with a mild detergent like Top Job or Spic and Span, use a soft brush and be sure to rinse thoroughly after cleaning.
Here is one of the threads http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...oof-17616.html

"Also have problem with back window. looks like all trip is dry rotted and someone tried to silicone around the window but still I see water on inside window frame when a hard rain comes. Any ideas who or how to fix."

If it is like my rear window, an automotive glass shop might be able to help out. They have the expertise to seal things. Post a photo so we can be sure.

"Also any one have leaking issue on roof up front over cab where the seam is going across bunk area. mine has some damage and looks like some one tryed a bubba fix. I put eternabond but not sure how good or long its gonna last before i should have professionally fixed."

Did you "prime" the surface where you put the Eternabond by wiping with Acetone or the suggested cleaner? That would remove dirt and such and give you a good sealing surface. Herk would be a good one to ask.

Chris in Virginia

Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #38

Thanks for the info. I bought some roof spray from camping world so I will make sure its for rubber roofs.

Also i did clean the patch area with acetone before. hopefully it sealed.

Thanks again for the help!!
Old 08-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #39

Great!
Grady Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker