Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
Jdk

Smile New 2300 2014

Have had our 2300 only about a month. Enjoyed reading all of the forum posts. Found many answers to questions I didn't know I had. The aftermarket swivel seats intrigue me. Can you do it on the Ford? I seemed to understand only the passenger side because of the dinette. Does anyone have a picture? When swiveled how far off the floor is the seat? How comfortable is it for your legs?Does FR sale the part for a 2014? Is this something our dealer could do? Thanks in advance for your help. Boy I sure asked a lot of questions.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. it is available on Ford only.
2. the height does not change. It just swivels. It is low to the ground, but personally the floor acts like a built in ottoman. When you sit down you can kick you legs out.
3. I've sat there for some time and it was comfortable for me. Is it a Lazy Boy? No...but i'd have to problem hanging out down there reading, etc.
4. You would order the part from your dealer.
5. There may be an issue with your passenger seat. The passenger seat is actually 2" further back than the driver. So when it swivels, it hits the floor. On a unit WITH the swivel seat option we notch that floor and put a little ABS cover over the area. So its not as simple as plug and play...you would have to cut 1.5" of the floor out (double tube there) and put the cover over to get the seat tow work.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

There are other companies that offer the swivel seat base in different heights
tmhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #4

Superior-seats.com has 5 1/2", 7", & 11" swivel bases for $101.80
tmhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #5
Jdk

Would there be any problem swiveling the drivers seat, hitting the steering wheel?
Old 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
Jdk

Also could it work on drivers side because of the dinette being right behind it?
Old 07-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
Commercial Member

The seat slides out at a 45 degree angle away from the door and steering wheel before it swivels so it does not hit those two things. The dinette doesn't really let you sit straight back...more at an angle.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #8

Congrats! Have had our 2300 a year, RVBill has more time on his.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
2015 Sunseeker 2300

We are looking at 2013 2300 how do you like yours? Does it have enough room..we are concerned the huge dinette makes it too small and no storage for food since there is no pantry..would love to know what you like and don't like
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
Commercial Member

If you look around, you should be able to find a 2013 with a regular booth dinette, which is smaller and gains you a pantry. We build them both ways.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #11
2015 Sunseeker 2300

That would be great have not seen that model yet..in fact this is the first 2300 we have seen used...If we ordered one new we would want a sofa and a pantry would that be possible we are working with Three-way campers in Marietta Ga they seem to be good people
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Yes, you should be able to order it that way.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:11 AM   #13

We love the U-shaped dinette. Pantry would be nice, but we are willing to sacrifice. We store some food above the kitchen sink (basic supply of can goods, etc.) The center section of the dinette has storage under it. Added a couple of plastic crates to organize the space. The rear section of dinette is screwed down but removing the screws opens another storage space. A plastic crate there holds about a case of water bottles. The cabinets above the dinette can also store lighter food items. All in all, we can store enough for a two week trip.

In the cabinets, I use plastic bins with handles (from container store) to organize cabinets and keep things from just rolling around.

One of the advantages of the U-shaped dinette is that you can easily turn the table 90 degrees. This allows sitting in the front or rear facing area with much more space between you and the table. Makes it more like a sofa seating area. Also allows easier reach to cabinets above dinette for shorter people.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 08-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #14
Jdk

On the 2300 where is the air ride suspension valve? Was going to check the psi and couldn't find it.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #15

There is one on each side in the storage compartment in front of the rear wheels. There is a little plastic cover over it. When removed you will recognize a standard air valve. It doesn't take much air to fill them, so be very careful and use short spurts of air. I set my to 60 psi. If heavily loaded or a strong cross wind, a little more.

Check them each trip, as they tend to leak a little over time.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 08-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
Jdk

Thanks. I'll go look!
Old 08-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
Jdk

Found the air ride valves. Had some initial difficulty checking the stem. Had to put valve exstensions on. Found that there was NO air in the bags. Have since put 50psi in and can't believe how much it improved the handling. Getting ready to leave on Monday for a four week trip to the west coast. One other question. On the wall panel there are two light switches marked living room and kitchen. I think both of them worked but now the kitchen switch won't turn the light off or on like the living room switch will. The light Will go on and off manually from the actual light. Have I switched something off somewhere else?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #18
Jdk

Yes I did leave the light on when I would turn the light switch off and on from the wall panel switch.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #19
Commercial Member

The living room light switch should be on a 3-way, also switched at the entry door. Kitchen is not.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #20

Huh? Must be a newer change. I have one wall switch for the living room light on the water / gen panel.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags