Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #1

New 2300

We took delivery Saturday on our new 2300 Chevy from RVDirect.com. We picked it up in Des Moines and drove back to the St. Louis area. The unit is fantastic. I did my homework before buying, but still am surprised by the little things that I am finding that show Forest River is building a quality product. The new radio is fantastic. Little touches like an A-B speaker switch to use the cab speakers or the surround sound speakers. A sub-wolfer hidden under the dinette.

Special thanks to the Forest River guys on this forum for being here and answering my questions while I waited for delivery. Bclemens has been helpful and jamiller45 went the extra mile by telling me the build date and even sending a PM while standing in my unit on the day it was completed. You guys are great. Thanks for what you do and to Forest River for building a great product.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I like the a b c switches as well on my 5er nice to isolate the sound . my sub is under my loft steps and makes a nice sound. Its great to hear your happy ! send some pics of the first outing !
welcome to the forum as well !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
Coachmen Adrenaline

Let me know if you have any more questions and concerns Bill, especially when it comes to the radio setup.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #4

One issue I'm having with the radio is the ipod interface. I have had it working several times but then suddenly it quits controlling the ipod. On the ipod itself, it still recognizes that it is connected. I have checked cables and they seem fine. I am using the lastest ipod nano (gen 6).

Other than that, the radio is incredible. I have already added XM to it. For that matter, the entire MH is incredible. You have done a great job.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
One issue I'm having with the radio is the ipod interface. I have had it working several times but then suddenly it quits controlling the ipod. On the ipod itself, it still recognizes that it is connected. I have checked cables and they seem fine. I am using the lastest ipod nano (gen 6).

Other than that, the radio is incredible. I have already added XM to it. For that matter, the entire MH is incredible. You have done a great job.
what radio is in your unit that would help.
if its a concertone I am surprised you got it to work at all .
To my knowledge the concertones have not been able to play ipods . even though they say plays mp3 . I was told disc players and some mp3 player except ipod will work.
furthermore unless the radio specifically says IPOD it probably will not play it.
the only way I was able to get mine to work was to use a 3.5 mm jack from ipod ear bud port to the 3.5 mm jack on the radio .
confused yet ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #6

Sorry. It is the new Magnadyne M4. Is has support for ipods built in.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
Coachmen Adrenaline

I was wondering how long it would take a customer to add in the sirius-xm. You are the first I know of. I assume it was a pretty easy install. I will contact the VP of Magnadyne today and see if he can get me an answer regarding the IPOD issue. I also assume you figured out how to turn on the sirius-xm button visibility, as my guys here are supposed to be turning its visibility off.
One question a lot of ppl have been asking is regarding playing a dvd while driving. The dvd can still be watched on the main tv while driving, but you will see a warning msg on the head unit display to engage parking brake. The navigation does still work while playing a dvd. just tap the warning screen and it will go back to the home menu.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #8

The XM install was easy. Removed the radio from the dash with the supplied tools and plugged it in. I put the antenna next to the one for the GPS on the dash. Yes, I found out how to edit the home screen to add it back in. Also have found how to bypass the warning and use the navigation while others are watching a DVD on the TV.

One thing FYI. The radio came with no instructions. I downloaded the manual from the Magnadyne website.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Coachmen Adrenaline

actually, there should have been a cd in the packet you received from the dealer. It should have some foreign language on it or look like a burnt cd. It is from Magnadyne and contains the owners manual. You probably saw it and haven't had a chance to check it out yet...or didn't know what it was for.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #10

Not included. I knew from previous posts to look for a CD, but it wasn't there. No harm, since I downloaded manual to my phone and have it readily available for reference when on the road. Maybe FR should go ahead and print this and include it with other "hard copy" manuals.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
Coachmen Adrenaline

that's strange that yours didn't have it. At least you found it relatively easy. Also here is your response from Pat Reardon(VP) at Magnadyne...
"Have him call Mike Thrush in our technical department at 1 (800) 638-3600 whenever convenient."

They are in California...so don't expect an answer much before 11am eastern time. Pat told me they will get you taken care of!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #12

Subwoofer??? so where is mine hidden? I have the 2300 Ford E-450 with the magnadyne also.
vacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #13

Under the dinette. Turn on subwoofer on the EQ settings and you will hear (or should I say feel) it.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #14

yes but where is it...can you see it or just feel it?? I need to see it somewhere to know where it is at if it was to go bad or so I do not hit it.
vacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #15

I have not looked at it yet. It is under the dinette seat. The wood seat (under the cushion) is held in place by screws. I've been having so much fun camping I haven't explored everything.

By the way, I have the optional U-shaped dinette.