Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #31
Originally Posted by vacouple View Post
Had a nice camping trip despite storms , wind etc. with our new 2300. All systems worker great.....heat , air, reefer, water heater, elect. Checked gas mileage for the trip and We have the ford V-10 and as far as I can tell driving in the range of 55-60 mph most of the time unless putting along we got a measly 7.5 mpg!!?? I was guessing about 10 with such a small class c but 7??? Now it only has about 1000 miles on it so please tell me that after it is broken in it will get better mileage..anyone with any MPG estimates chime in please.

Here's a good suggestion try looking into installing an electric fan
Assembly. When I did this to lower my trans temps in case
They got high. I in fact raised my mpg since the clutch fan
does not run now. 1 mpg difference over 26 gallons made
a difference enough for the price of the fan.
Jokingly now.....I just looked at your class C and DUDE you suck.... that is a nice scoot you got there....makes my tiny 2300 beg to be big. OUCH

vacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #32
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Don't underestimate wind. As a frequent flyer I can tell you heading west takes way longer than heading east (due to winds) and a plane is way more aerodynamic than a motorhome.
Never underestimate wind...truer words never spoken. I flew in f-4 phantoms and f-16 falcons in the 70's and 80's. However this PIG (lovingly) if you know aircraft lingo, will never get 10mpg at highway speeds (over 55mph) So I think that the reps who sell it should quit touting it as such and suck it up and tell us the truth. I knew from the second tank of gas that I was going to get 7-9 mpg as a rule. I also know from listening here that most people agree to that idea and are willing to accept as penance for their and my willingness to suck it up and have fun camping despite misrepresentation of actual fuel consumption. So , basically , if you don't have gas money don't buy a large motored class C

vacouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #33
I really don't think it matters what size class c you have, a V-10 is going to get about 7-8 no matter what! We have a Sunseeker 2890 that I pull a 7x16 enclosed trailer behind loaded to the gills with workbench, tool boxes, dirt bikes, golf cart and a 30 gallon water tank. I get the exact same gas mileage wether we have the trailer hooked up or not!

MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote