Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #21

Ah...sorry Brian! Someone called you Bob in one of their posts, so I thought they knew something I didn't! My apologies...

Thanks for your help on the strut issue. I'd rather not have another with plastic caps, as it's only going to happen again. So if it comes down to it I'll just find one with metal caps and buy it. Now if you guys have another source (ie; brand) with metal caps, then I'm all for it.

Thanks again.

TB
tcbetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #22

Maybe too far down the log to follow-up, but I was intrigued by your discussion of the Scan Gauge II. Fuel consumption and fuel remaining are really interesting things to know when RVing around. Be interested to know what y'all find when you install it. I'd guess that it can only report on what the Ford Company puts out through their interface. Is that listed somewhere?

Thanks
Geri
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #23

I'm not sure what you're asking, but the Scan Gauge website lists the data available for the base unit. Then I also got the XGauge model, which offers a whole bunch of other things depending upon the ECM for the power train it's hooked to.

I hope to be configuring my new unit in the RV this weekend, so I'll post a follow-up then.

TB
Old 07-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #24

To MikeRP, I had a similar problem with the sewer hose and simply took a hack saw and shaved off the little tabs on the end of the hose so it would fit through the opening. Hope this helps.
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbetka View Post
Ah...sorry Brian! Someone called you Bob in one of their posts, so I thought they knew something I didn't! My apologies...

Thanks for your help on the strut issue. I'd rather not have another with plastic caps, as it's only going to happen again. So if it comes down to it I'll just find one with metal caps and buy it. Now if you guys have another source (ie; brand) with metal caps, then I'm all for it.

Thanks again.

TB
I was hoping to just grab you a metal one from the line and ship it (save you the big hassle for a $5 part) but as I feared we don't stock those. Those come on the door and the only way for use to get one is to steal it from another door.

I did confirm that they are using metal again.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #26

Great news Brian, thanks. So then how does a person go about getting a metal strut from Lippert, when Lippert doesn't even acknowledge that they are the ones supplying the struts in the first place? LOL...

My dealer is going to get me a replacement plastic strut for now--but I think he's just starting to work on it today. So I'll call Lippert back again and try to go through it once more. With any luck we can just get someone that can confirm that they

1) ARE supplying the struts,
2) ARE using metal, and
3) ARE willing to send me one--or send it to my dealer.

This has indeed turned into a bit of a goat rope. But I'm very glad to hear that Forrest River has recognized there is a potential problem with the existing strut, and has taken steps to mitigate that potential problem. I'm also very thankful to have you helping us on this Brian. You are a credit to FR, and we appreciate your assistance in this forum!

Thanks again.

TB
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #27
Commercial Member

lol. Gotta admit, "Goat Rope" is a new one to me. And half my family is from the south so I've heard most of them.

I'll be sure to add it to my repertoire.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote