Old 01-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #1

new at this

we bought a 2008 sunseeker moterhome last year ,we have a 22 inch tv mounted on a cabnet door. there is what looks like a spot to plug in the tv on dc where you push the button for the antena boaster. but when I tried to plug the converter into it it would not work. I was wandering if any one knew what this outlet is for. ps excuse bad spelling.

We were also told not to leave the TV on the mount while traveling, which ruined ours plans of having the children watch TV while we traveled. Any suggestion would be greatly apricated.

Happyholidayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #2

I had a similar problem.I thought the socket that your referring to was a 12v outlet,since the antenna boost is on 12v.I wanted to plug in an inverter to power my TV.I was unable to do so because the plug was to big for the outlet.Not sure why this is and I'm not sure if it is a 12v outlet.I had to hard wire my inverter directly to my batteries to power up the TV.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyholidayer View Post
we bought a 2008 sunseeker last year ,we have a 22 inch tv mounted on a cabnet door. there is what looks like a spot to plug in the tv on dc where you push the button for the antena boaster. but when I tried to plug the converter into it it would not work. I was wandering if any one knew what this outlet is for. ps excuse bad spelling.

We were also told not to leave the TV on the mount while traveling, which ruined ours plans of having the children watch TV while we traveled. Any suggestion would be greatly apricated.

If your Sunseeker is a travel trailer, I would not have Children riding in it while you are towing, I hope I am wrong with the impression I am getting ,it gives me chills.....As far as traveling with the tv on it's bracket, as long as it can be locked down it should not come off. I travel with a 32" lcd in place and it locks down on the bracket and it has not move.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #4

yes I guees I should have specified that it is a moter home not a tow behind . sorry . but thank you for your reply
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #5

thank you for your input, glad I'm not the only one who cant figure out what that sockets there for.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #6

I am soooo happy I was wrong. Enjoy FRF and happy camping.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyholidayer View Post
we bought a 2008 sunseeker moterhome last year ,we have a 22 inch tv mounted on a cabnet door. there is what looks like a spot to plug in the tv on dc where you push the button for the antena boaster. but when I tried to plug the converter into it it would not work. I was wandering if any one knew what this outlet is for. ps excuse bad spelling.

If this is a TV that is mounted in front of the drivers/passengers seats then the 12v outlet by law is switched off with the ignition on. This was the case on our old Fleetwood.

If not then check to see if there is power to the 12v socket with the ignition off/on and see what you find, they could be on the same circuit. The switch on the antenna booster plate only powers the booster and has no effect on the 12v outlet. The only other thing to check is for a blown fuse but if there power to the booster when you turn it on (red LED light comes on) then this should not be the case.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker le