Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduff View Post
In many instances the money available in quality service may exceed the margins on the original sale. The question here is who should pay for the service work. As Lou stated a call to RV Direct is in order; the local service dealer could earn another satisfied customer (with RV Direct covering the service call) and the likely possibility that you will return to buy high margin accessories, and future service from them.
There is no question who pays for this work on a NEW R/V,F/R pays! Youroo!!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
There is no question who pays for this work on a NEW R/V,F/R pays! Youroo!!
I would have disagree here. That's why the dealer includes margin for prep and setup in his markup. According to dealers I have talked with, simple adjustments like this are not normally warranty claims but things FR expects the dealers to handle.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #13

When the awning is installed the arms are adjusted, but running the awning in several times will cause the arm to be in a different position. That is why when we installed new material on a slide awning last year we ran the slide in and out several times before reinstalling the arms.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #14

Hmmm. Just checked mine and they were both installed like the second photo, a little too much slack per the posted manuals. Kicker is both of them were installed with only one screw, thus the one already loosened up, got caught on something and looked like a pretzel. Straightened it and installed both properly with SS hardware. I have a painted body so they are probably installed by the outside paint shop and don't know how to do it correctly.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #15

Thanks for the service info on the slide toppers and everyone suggestions. We'll be working on it tomorrow to see if we can adjust the thing ourselves but will probably make an appointment with the local dealer. Though the price was definitely right with RV Direct I am afraid we would never, ever have it delivered. Live and learn. Everything else seems to be working fine - the major problem besides the toppers was that it got delivered with the wrong bed. It supposedly has been ordered per RV Direct but we will be going directly to Forest River to verify. Otherwise, we do love it.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #16

"The Dealer" isn't necessarily all that much better than anyone else. We got our new RV last year. The walk around consisted mainly of "its in the book" or "I'm not sure..." The books were worse. There are dealers and then there are dealers...

geri
Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
"The Dealer" isn't necessarily all that much better than anyone else. We got our new RV last year. The walk around consisted mainly of "its in the book" or "I'm not sure..." The books were worse. There are dealers and then there are dealers...
That just about mirrors our "PDI" - "I'm not sure", "Good question." and "Hmm... well, you'll figure it out."

I think the best was that I asked how to manually close the slides in the event of a power failure. Junior's response was, "I'm not sure. But, you'll probably never need to." and then he moved on.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #18

We asked the same question; got the same reply.

Tags
awning