Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
New RV owner needs help!

My husband and I have camped for fifty years but always with a pull behind. Our campers had a regular sewer dump and a grey water tank. I'm now driving a 30 ft Forest River RV and it has a regular sewer dump - plus --- a grey water and black water dump. All the owner's manual talks about are the grey water and black water. All the solid waste goes into the black water tank. What is the sewer dump for? It is not mentioned at all in the owner's manual. I am so confused.
__________________

joaniebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
MillMitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: MN
Posts: 754
Welcome to the forum from MN.
What model do you have? someone with that same model can probably answer your question.
__________________

__________________
Mitch in MN
2018 Patriot (Grey Wolf) 23MK travel trailer
2011 Durango 5.7L and OEM tow package
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 17,339
joanie, pull behinds are considered RVs, as are popups, truck campers, 5th wheels AND Motorhomes.
So, since you don't have your RV listed in your profile, FR has numerous divisions that make numerous brands of Motorhomes. So posting that info will help Forum members help you.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 8,602
joaniebelle, your post is a little confusing.
As others mentioned, let us know with model and we can give better answers.

I'm confused to your terminology of "regular sewer dump" and then saying "grey tank dump" and "black tank dump".

Many R/Vs have multiple dump connections. Mine has two ports. One for the black tank and the grey tank and a separate port for the galley (kitchen) tank. Each tank has a separate handle to open the three individual valves for those tanks but only two ports where the hose connects.

Are you sure you are describing things correctly?
What did your dealer tell you about dumping your tank(s) when doing the PDI/Customer Orientation?
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30 '18=51
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 10,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaniebelle View Post
My husband and I have camped for fifty years but always with a pull behind. Our campers had a regular sewer dump and a grey water tank. I'm now driving a 30 ft Forest River RV and it has a regular sewer dump - plus --- a grey water and black water dump. All the owner's manual talks about are the grey water and black water. All the solid waste goes into the black water tank. What is the sewer dump for? It is not mentioned at all in the owner's manual. I am so confused.
You wrote "a regular sewer dump - plus --- a grey water and black water dump." Grey water and black water ARE the regular sewer dump(s). Would you post pics so we can see to what you are referring when you say "regular sewer dump"?
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 29; booked = 12
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:19 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 13,912
Welcome to the forum. As you can tell a little more info will give you the answer to your questions. You come to the right place to get those answers. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
Days camped 2019 4
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Newbie needs lots of help - more information

Thanks folks for the responses. I have a 2014 Forest River Sunseeker MotorHome. It is a 30 ft gasoline on a Ford Chassis. I'm going to try and post this info somewhere here on the forum so people will know and as soon as I can I will post pictures. I am finding that is very helpful.
As far as the orientation session it was not really addressed. The guy said here are your sewer and tank dumps and my husband said "we know about those" - duh!!! and we moved on. I'm afraid a number of items in the unit went like that and I am left holding the bag. My husband has macular degeneration and his vision is very compromised so I am pretty much running the show. I have a number of other questions that I will post when I can get some pictures. I appreciate your time and patience.
joaniebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:35 PM   #8
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 13,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaniebelle View Post
Thanks folks for the responses. I have a 2014 Forest River Sunseeker MotorHome. It is a 30 ft gasoline on a Ford Chassis. I'm going to try and post this info somewhere here on the forum so people will know and as soon as I can I will post pictures. I am finding that is very helpful.
As far as the orientation session it was not really addressed. The guy said here are your sewer and tank dumps and my husband said "we know about those" - duh!!! and we moved on. I'm afraid a number of items in the unit went like that and I am left holding the bag. My husband has macular degeneration and his vision is very compromised so I am pretty much running the show. I have a number of other questions that I will post when I can get some pictures. I appreciate your time and patience.

There is a thread just for Sunseeker campers so you could post you concerns there. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
Days camped 2019 4
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #9
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 10,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
There is a thread just for Sunseeker campers so you could post you concerns there. Later RJD
Thanks!
Thread moved to Sunseeker sub-forum.
Site Team
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 29; booked = 12
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
joanie, pull behinds are considered RVs, as are popups, truck campers, 5th wheels AND Motorhomes.
So, since you don't have your RV listed in your profile, FR has numerous divisions that make numerous brands of Motorhomes. So posting that info will help Forum members help you.
Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	93
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	190999
__________________

__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.