Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Now that I have my nav unit sorted out and working correctly, everything in the Sunseeker works! Hopefully this will be for a long time!

My first outing in it will be starting 2 weeks from yesterday.

I do have a couple of mods in mind.

First, I don't like that the black tank valve is positioned on the opposite side of the coach from the outlet. It that valve were to be accidentally opened there would be an awful lot of "stuff" in that pipe which which spill out as soon as the cap is removed. So, I am going to add another "safety" gate valve on the outlet side. I will probably not do this until after my camping season, however.

Secondly, I don't like that the coach audio unit and TV is always powered on when the main battery switch is on. Not a good idea when boondocking. So, I am going to add a 12V switch the units power wire to take care of this.
Easy solution for the dump valve is to use a Valtera T58 twist on waste valve. Other members of this forum suggested that to me and it worked perfectly. With this you have the vaulter valve closed and can open the black tank valve. Stroll around to the dump valve and release your stuff as usual. Just attach it and leave it on, no need to remove it.

My 2250 had two televisions. The bedroom TV was 120 volt which doesn't affect the coach battery. The front TV was 12 Volt but it plugged into a 12v outlet in the cabinet above the door. If your set up is the same just unplug the TV there.

It seemed to me that the Magnadyne radio was powered by both the house batteries and the chassis battery. It will run down the house battery.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Easy solution for the dump valve is to use a Valtera T58 twist on waste valve. Other members of this forum suggested that to me and it worked perfectly. With this you have the vaulter valve closed and can open the black tank valve. Stroll around to the dump valve and release your stuff as usual. Just attach it and leave it on, no need to remove it.

My 2250 had two televisions. The bedroom TV was 120 volt which doesn't affect the coach battery. The front TV was 12 Volt but it plugged into a 12v outlet in the cabinet above the door. If your set up is the same just unplug the TV there.

It seemed to me that the Magnadyne radio was powered by both the house batteries and the chassis battery. It will run down the house battery.
I think about the Valtera. I'm afraid it may be too vulnerable to hazards if left on because the drain is located right at the side of the coach.

My TV is direct wired into a Jensen audio unit. Currently the only way to turn both of those off is to pull a fuse or turn the master switch off.

Thanks for you suggestions, I appreciate it.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #23

Quote:
I think about the Valtera. I'm afraid it may be too vulnerable to hazards if left on because the drain is located right at the side of the coach.

My TV is direct wired into a Jensen audio unit. Currently the only way to turn both of those off is to pull a fuse or turn the master switch off.

Thanks for you suggestions, I appreciate it.
I was worried about the Valtera being struck or snagged. Those with more experience on this forum assured me it would be safe. They were correct. Keep in mind that I had a 2250 with the same setup.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #24

Quote:
I was worried about the Valtera being struck or snagged. Those with more experience on this forum assured me it would be safe. They were correct. Keep in mind that I had a 2250 with the same setup.
Ok, well I may give it a try. Even if it gets damaged I still have the original valve.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Ok, well I may give it a try. Even if it gets damaged I still have the original valve.
Just to be clear, you are not replacing anything. You will be adding an extra layer of "security " and convenience.

The new valve attaches to the same spot that accepts your sewer hose. So you have a valve at the end of the pipe. Your current end cap will still be used.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Just to be clear, you are not replacing anything. You will be adding an extra layer of "security " and convenience.

The new valve attaches to the same spot that accepts your sewer hose. So you have a valve at the end of the pipe. Your current end cap will still be used.
Yep, I understand that. Thanks again.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #27

Day 17 on the road , currently in Zion N.P.. No hiccups, so far. Chevy 6.0 is handling the western mountains w/ no problems. Replacement of dinette is the best comfort solution we could have EVER come up with. Without a doubt , the 2250 SLEC is the perfect rv for us!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #28

Quote:
On the positive side, the MBS drives nicer than the Ford, I.e. it's steering seems more precise.
Rack and pinion vs gearbox.
I wish they had a heavy duty rack for the 4500 chassis.
That would make it handle soooooo much better.
Less wandering and no need for a sprung steering stabilizer.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
Day 17 on the road , currently in Zion N.P.. No hiccups, so far. Chevy 6.0 is handling the western mountains w/ no problems. Replacement of dinette is the best comfort solution we could have EVER come up with. Without a doubt , the 2250 SLEC is the perfect rv for us!
Nice- enjoy.
I am taking the rest of the summer off.
Start again in the fall.
Too busy everywhere for me.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:49 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Nice- enjoy.
I am taking the rest of the summer off.
Start again in the fall.
Too busy everywhere for me.
Eric, S.Cal.weather was too cool for these buckeyes . Going home in a week to enjoy the 80's. In the fall , we'll be in Myrtle Beach.That is heaven for east coast RVers !
Old 07-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
Eric, S.Cal.weather was too cool for these buckeyes . Going home in a week to enjoy the 80's. In the fall , we'll be in Myrtle Beach.That is heaven for east coast RVers !
I'll get to Myrtle Beach some day.
Looks very nice.
Enjoy the summer.

Tags
sunseeker