Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #1

New Sunseeker 3010DS

We are in middle of first trip in 2013 Sunseeker. I have read manuals, and threads and cannot figure out the video system. When I put a DVD in dash system, switch toDVD on box under TV and try to set tv to channel 3, nothing happens. The control box is surrounded by wood with no visable way to pull out and attach any wiring. What am I missing?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! We have a 2011 Sunseeker 3010DS and love it, however the workings of the televisions takes some getting used to.

I am not sure of the differences in the 2013 models. On ours, we have not used the dash DVD since there is a DVD player built in to the television over the cab and there is a "real" DVD player under the large television in the living area. We aren't sure when it would be necessary to use the dash system since the only television in our rig that is 12v is the one in the bedroom.

On the large television, we have to choose the input on the television as well as on the switch box...maybe that is the issue?

I am sure someone here will be able to help you out.

happy trails...

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
GM

Does the TV actually go to 03? You may need to "scan channels" to get the TV to see that station.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #4

bclemens, can you answer a question for me?

Our unit is a 2011 model with three televisions. When should we use the dvd in the dash radio? Does the vehicle have to be turned on?

Which television does it work with?

We don't have kids and have not used the dvd much other than to make sure it works. But, I am a bit curious.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
GM

Not sure when we switched over. it used to be wired to the chassis battery, so yes you would need the key in (not on, just on Accessory). However at some point we started wiring it to the house batteries.

If you have the switch box, that DVD will play to any TV. Unless of you have the 3170, then the middle kids room TV has its own DVD player.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #6

Thanks. We have the 3010 and I am pretty sure ours is wired to the chassis battery.

We do have the switch box, just don't watch dvd's often. I do know that we can use the dvd player under the switch box for the large tv and the over cab tv has one built in. Only other one would be in the bedroom. Figured that if we happened to be camping with the grandkids, I needed to understand how it all worked. :-)