Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #41

What to try next?

I have a 2013 Sunseeker 3010DSF, the main 32" Jenson TV stopped working on HDMI in a middle of movie. I run it off a Patriot Box Office(PBO) to HDMI, has been great for on the road or at camp. The PBO works through HDMI on the front 22" tv so I don't think it is the PBO. I can run the 32"Jenson on AV1, just the HDMI stopped working. I even took it off the hanger and tried a different HDMI cable and it still doesn't work with the PBO. I guess I call Forest River as the dealer is 2hrs away and is usually useless on electrical/electronics. Hoping maybe someone has some ideas?

Thanks.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #42
Commercial Member

So...PBO via HDMI to front 22" TV works. PBO to 32" Jensen via HDMI does not work?

When you say it works on AV1....are you saying that the PBO has red/white/yellow outputs in addition to the HDMI so it works that way?

If all of that is true, I'm guessing it might be an HDMI port that went out. I had a Toshiba DLP. HDMI port went out...but it would still work with component cables. So I just used that to get an HD signal.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
So...PBO via HDMI to front 22" TV works. PBO to 32" Jensen via HDMI does not work?

When you say it works on AV1....are you saying that the PBO has red/white/yellow outputs in addition to the HDMI so it works that way?

If all of that is true, I'm guessing it might be an HDMI port that went out. I had a Toshiba DLP. HDMI port went out...but it would still work with component cables. So I just used that to get an HD signal.
That is correct, I have been corresponding with the Jensen rep. They have been very good in trying to identifying the problem. Looks like both HDMI ports went out. There is a faint smell of something fried inside the TV. I am very good at taking the 32" TV in and out by myself now :-)

They recommended I deal with the Forest River dealer now for repairs, is there anything else I can do? He is a 2 hour drive away. The motorhome (2013 Sunseeker 3010DS) was purchased July 28, 2012.

Thanks.

Doug
Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Not sure why Jensen would not handle this directly...they have before. The local dealer is going to call us, we're going to call Jensen. What Jensen rep did you deal with? 800 number?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #45

I went through the web site Jensen RV Direct - Shop Premium Audio & Video RV Electronics or the email came from
Technical Services
ASA Electronics
info@asaelectronics.com

If you have another route, I would be happy to try.

Thanks again!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #46
Commercial Member

I emailed our rep just to see if that was the correct process.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #47

Thanks I will wait to hear back.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #48
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

While we are always willing to try and resolve any issues with the end user directly, sometimes we are unable to correct the issue and warranty may be required. In those situations, we will refer the end user to take their coach to the nearest qualified dealer service center. They will be able to verify all proper troubleshooting has been performed and file the warranty claim with ASA Electronics, if necessary.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us in the future if you need any further assistance.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #49

get behind SunSeeker 3010 32" TV

I am not able to get the 32" TV off the wall to plug in an HDMI cable and wireless headphone wires. I am visualizing that I should screw the rubber feet in to take the pressure off and then lift the TV out of it's mount. But I can barely get at the rubber feet and I can't screw them in. Do you have any suggestions?
Also, the picture quality from the DVD is terrible. I am using channel 3 to source the signal to the TV. Is there some other way?
Thanks for any help.
drreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #50

arm to drop TV lower on SunSeeker 3010

I would like to be able to lower the 32" TV while viewing and then raise it back up to it's usual stowed position at all other times. Has anyone found a mounting arm that adjusts vertically? The ones that I've seen are made to pull out and then move horizontally.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #51
Love My Sunseeker

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post that I found the solution to the problem of "Grainy" DVD pictures in the in-dash player. It pertains to the surround sound. If you have surround sound (extra speakers in your RV ceiling like I do), then this will work.

You have to MUTE the TV, and use only the sound from the in dash player. When I did that I got a VERY CLEAR picture on the front TV. I have a second TV (bedroom) also wired to this. This solution didn't work on the back TV, but it improved on the front TV a lot! I have the big TV entertainment center.

You can't have the TV sound competing with the surround sound.

Give it a try!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #52

we had the same questions

So we had similar questions/problems and here is what we found:

- To get the TV down was merely a strong lift up and out. The TV only rests on the rubber feet and there is not much need to loosen them. The friction fit on the mounting was pretty tight but we did get the tv down.

- DVD quality. The input into the TV is coaxil and not HDMI so the quality sucks. Same with the cable I believe. We get a significantly better picture through the antenna. I did plug my blu-ray player in and the picture quality was excellent. FR should really get this fixed.

- Speakers. The back speaker weren't hooked up correctly but the FR dealer/service was able to correct that. The sound does not always come through them - it depends on the input. Also, you have to put the center speaker on through the dash. In addition, we found that to get the best surround sound you need to change the "audio out" from variable to fixed - this adjustment is on the TV - menu/setup/audio out.

We have read and studied every manual that came with the RV. Nowhere does any of this get explained properly. Thank goodness for this forum and b clemens (factory rep)!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #53
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoa1066 View Post
In addition, we found that to get the best surround sound you need to change the "audio out" from variable to fixed - this adjustment is on the TV - menu/setup/audio out.
I can't get to "audio out." It's "Grayed out" on my TV. If it's "grayed out" you can't touch it. Do I have to be running a DVD to get to "audio out?"

Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #54
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drreimer View Post
I am not able to get the 32" TV off the wall to plug in an HDMI cable and wireless headphone wires. I am visualizing that I should screw the rubber feet in to take the pressure off and then lift the TV out of it's mount. But I can barely get at the rubber feet and I can't screw them in. Do you have any suggestions?
Also, the picture quality from the DVD is terrible. I am using channel 3 to source the signal to the TV. Is there some other way?
Thanks for any help.
Go here.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1ds-38844.html

bump the TV up and out of the recessed slot. DVD picture quality will not be that great unless it is wired direct. Going into switch box converts it from digital to analog. Also make sure TV antenna booster is not on.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #55
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drreimer View Post
I would like to be able to lower the 32" TV while viewing and then raise it back up to it's usual stowed position at all other times. Has anyone found a mounting arm that adjusts vertically? The ones that I've seen are made to pull out and then move horizontally.
We have one that we use on the Solera 24M. You pull some levers on either side..the TV drops straight down (out slightly). Then raise it back up and it snaps into the bracket again. Come to think of it...not sure why we don't use this on the 3010...although we angle the TV on the 3010. Maybe that's it.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #56

Thanks for the response.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #57
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
The kids zone DVD is just for the kids zone TV.
KIDS ZONE? Ahem! Not in my 3170! I have the "custom" model. In my 3170, it's the "computer zone." I'm loving it! But, the TV works the same way, it's "independent" and not on the switch box. Under the "computer zone" TV, there is a great radio/CD/DVD player, just put the DVD in, change the input, and DVD plays great! Not like the "in dash" thing. When I ordered the RV, I specified that I didn't need the "middle TV" but it came with it anyway. Now I'm kind of glad, I can watch TV while on the computer. The Jensen radio/CD/DVD player is great!

Quote:
As for the front DVD, that is for the front TV. You have to have the TV on channel 3 in most cases. The antenna booster (little back button where the 12V tv plugs in) must be off or it interferes with the DVD signal. Switch box must be on DVD..
Not if you have the JACK antenna. Since I have the JACK, I don't have a "booster." I found that it doesn't matter if the JACK is on or off when playing DVD's (unless you are connected to cable, then JACK needs to be off). But, as I posted in other posts, I noticed if I muted the TV, and just used the "in dash" sound (because I also have surround sound speakers in the living room), it greatly improved the picture quality on the DVD that seems to have been the subject of many complaints on here. The grainy quality is something about having the TV sound compete with in dash surround sound. On the other hand, I still get a grainy picture on the rear TV...... even if I mute it. In that case, I just mute the in dash sound and use the TV sound and put up with it.

On the other hand, if you are in an area that gets over the air channel 3 (or 4) or gets it on cable anyway, you will get a decent DVD picture. You will just have problems if there is no channel 3 anyway in the area, you have to dial in the channel 3 yourself or scan it in when you have a DVD in.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #58
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoa1066 View Post
So we had similar questions/problems and here is what we found:

- To get the TV down was merely a strong lift up and out. The TV only rests on the rubber feet and there is not much need to loosen them. The friction fit on the mounting was pretty tight but we did get the tv down.

- DVD quality. The input into the TV is coaxil and not HDMI so the quality sucks. Same with the cable I believe. We get a significantly better picture through the antenna. I did plug my blu-ray player in and the picture quality was excellent. FR should really get this fixed.

- Speakers. The back speaker weren't hooked up correctly but the FR dealer/service was able to correct that. The sound does not always come through them - it depends on the input. Also, you have to put the center speaker on through the dash. In addition, we found that to get the best surround sound you need to change the "audio out" from variable to fixed - this adjustment is on the TV - menu/setup/audio out.

We have read and studied every manual that came with the RV. Nowhere does any of this get explained properly. Thank goodness for this forum and b clemens (factory rep)!
Over the air is typically a GREAT picture because it is mainly broadcast in HD now. All that coax is doing is sending the raw signal from the antenna and your TV tuner processes it in HD. With the DVD it is sending a digital signal (already processed) that gets converted to analog in the switch box and sent via coax to the TV, so you lose picture quality. The TV simply displays what it receives. If you hook a blue ray player into the TV with an HDMI cable your picture will be perfect.

Problem is, there aren't any 12V blu ray players that we know of and we're balancing trying to keep things in 12V for dry campers and using a "cut to length" RV technology (coax) that has been used forever & trying to get that single DVD player picture split to multiple TV's...so Jack of all trades, master of none.

Best case "quality" scenario is a separate DVD for each TV, wired directly via HDMI. However, one coax cable split and run to all TV's, you end up HD over the air picture quality. That same simple solution stinks for DVD's. You can't win. But we're still trying.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #59
Love My Sunseeker

Quote:
Best case "quality" scenario is a separate DVD for each TV, wired directly via HDMI. However, one coax cable split and run to all TV's, you end up HD over the air picture quality. That same simple solution stinks for DVD's. You can't win. But we're still trying.
When I ordered mine, I asked for at least ONE to be 12 volt. I was so pleased to see that ALL THREE were 12 volt. Perfect for dry camping! I just have issues with running a generator just to watch TV. And I'm happy that all three were the same brand (Jensen). That way, you can use ONE remote for all three. I have been pleased with the Jensen brand when at least one TV in my previous RV's have been Jensen.

In previous RV's, I have had TV/DVD combo, I hate those. In every TV/DVD combo I've ever had, to include the ONE Fleetwood RV I once owned (sorry!) something always went wrong with the DVD player in it. Please do NOT use those combos. Although they do save space. But you are right, having separate DVD players for each TV is better, but that's more "things" in the RV.

I'm not liking the "in dash" DVD player for front TV all that well, but it does save space.

On my middle TV, the separate Jensen CD/DVD Player/radio is great! Love it!

Old 05-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #60

I have a 2013 sunseeker 2450s and for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the dvd in the dash to play through the back tv or the overhead tv. All forum posts on this topic say to turn the tv to channel 3 and switch the video distribution box to the correct setting.....but I cant find this mysterious switch box. I was told its in the cabinet to the right of the top bunk but its not there. Any help is appreciated!
kyleozdin is offline   Reply With Quote