Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #21

Wink

Thanks Brian,

All is well..did not think to turn down the TV.

You going to be at the 28 Feb-03 Mar show in Denver.

I have another question but I will post it in the appropriate section

thanks again
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #22

The audio out cable on the TV connects to the dash radio aux input (I think aux2 if I recall correctly.) If you want the audio from a Tv show to come out of the radio speakers, select aux on the radio. In that case you would probably want to turn down the sound on the Tv.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkats66 View Post
Thanks Brian,

All is well..did not think to turn down the TV.

You going to be at the 28 Feb-03 Mar show in Denver.

I have another question but I will post it in the appropriate section

thanks again
Tis the season. I'll be there.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
Love My Sunseeker

MAJOR MAJOR ISSUE! I'm at an RV Park where the local cable company is requiring that all TV's have "converter" boxes if you use the park's cable. (Yes, the obvious solution is to install equipment in a shed somewhere in the RV park, and shoot the signal out to the sites, thus not needing the silly converter boxes, but the park has a major reason why that cannot be done.) Since I'm staying at this RV park as a "monthly," I had to drive to the cable company and get two converter boxes. They were free, but I still had to get them.

Ok, I could not put the converter box on the bedroom TV because the bedroom TV is a 12 volt (which I LOVE!), and there is no electric plug in close to the TV. The closest plug in for the converter will require an extension cord across the bedroom floor, thus creating a trip hazard. Ok after January 22 I will not be able to watch the bedroom TV during the time I'm staying at this park. I grudgingly accept this.

Got one converter installed in the TV in the computer zone (I have a 3170 model with computer desk, love the computer desk!), no problem it's working. Put the converter on the "wall" connection.

Now, the other converter box I want to put in the TV in the front, but silly me, I got the ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, which means, the "wall connection" for the cable is hidden behind all the wonderful cabinetry and I cannot get to it. My front TV is connected to a "switchbox." I tried to connect the cable company's converter box to the switchbox, (and I used the right connection, I know which one goes to the big TV), but converter box didn't like it.

So, how am I to watch TV in the ENTERTAINMENT center with the wall connection BURIED in a place I cannot get to it? Or how do I connect it to the switchbox? Do I have to change it from Cable to AUX? (By the way, the cable company is COMCAST, that is putting this ridiculous requirement on the RV park I'm staying at.....)

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Another reason I love my portable dish!

Sorry about your issue's.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post
MAJOR MAJOR ISSUE! I'm at an RV Park where the local cable company is requiring that all TV's have "converter" boxes if you use the park's cable. (Yes, the obvious solution is to install equipment in a shed somewhere in the RV park, and shoot the signal out to the sites, thus not needing the silly converter boxes, but the park has a major reason why that cannot be done.) Since I'm staying at this RV park as a "monthly," I had to drive to the cable company and get two converter boxes. They were free, but I still had to get them.

Ok, I could not put the converter box on the bedroom TV because the bedroom TV is a 12 volt (which I LOVE!), and there is no electric plug in close to the TV. The closest plug in for the converter will require an extension cord across the bedroom floor, thus creating a trip hazard. Ok after January 22 I will not be able to watch the bedroom TV during the time I'm staying at this park. I grudgingly accept this.

Got one converter installed in the TV in the computer zone (I have a 3170 model with computer desk, love the computer desk!), no problem it's working. Put the converter on the "wall" connection.

Now, the other converter box I want to put in the TV in the front, but silly me, I got the ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, which means, the "wall connection" for the cable is hidden behind all the wonderful cabinetry and I cannot get to it. My front TV is connected to a "switchbox." I tried to connect the cable company's converter box to the switchbox, (and I used the right connection, I know which one goes to the big TV), but converter box didn't like it.

So, how am I to watch TV in the ENTERTAINMENT center with the wall connection BURIED in a place I cannot get to it? Or how do I connect it to the switchbox? Do I have to change it from Cable to AUX? (By the way, the cable company is COMCAST, that is putting this ridiculous requirement on the RV park I'm staying at.....)
i'm interested in the major reason the rv park can't do it
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #27
Love My Sunseeker

The reason the RV park cannot do the obvious solution is because a lot of the residents have "additional services" from Comcast (and thus have contracts) layered on top of the basic cable offered by the park and the "obvious solution" would mess up the people with the additional services.

From other boards I have been on, this is not the only park that has had this issue. I found other parks that have had to do this. Not a lot, but a few.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
Love My Sunseeker

Never mind, I figured out the problem. Converter box was set for channel four, had to change it to channel 3. However a comment from this web site ( How Do I Install A Digital TV Converter Box In My RV? ) had me a bit concerned:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not install the Digital TV Converter Box on the cable going from your RV's Antenna to the Video Switch Box. Depending on the type of antenna your RV has, there could be 12 volts running through that cable and it will fry the Digital TV Converter Box the minute you turn it on.

I think this web site is talking about those boxes that were for ANALOG TV's, and not the converter box I am using. But I still think it might apply.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXSMac View Post

Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #29
Love My Sunseeker

Question: Why does my current RV (Sunseeker 3170 with Entertainment Center) have all three of my TV's going through a switchbox?

My previous RV was a Sunseeker 3120 with 2 TV's (no entertainment Center) and there was no switchbox, both TV's were independent. On the wall connection to one of the TV's, there was a booster switch to use if one was on antenna.

Why am I forced to have a switch box when I didn't have one in a prior Forest River RV? Is it because of the Entertainment Center hiding the wall input? I don't like having switchboxes.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #30
Commercial Member

You're not forced to use the switch box. The hall TV and bedroom TV are easy. Those hook ups are visable. Just plug them directly in from whatever you are running...DVD, gaming system etc.

The front is a little trickier since the controls are on the back side of the TV. But not impossible to wire directly.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Another reason I love my portable dish!

Sorry about your issue's.

Turbs

Agreed. Just got my home cable bill and it increased again. In the process of switching over to Direct TV which I can also use when in the RV.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #32

Speaker Questions

I have a 2013 Sunseeker 3120DS. I have speakers in the ceiling with an A/B switch. I have a 32" Jenson TV in the front and a small TV in the bedroom.
I cannot seem to get any sound from the ceiling speakers at all. I tryed a DVD in the 7" dash and it ran fine but still no sound from the overhead speakers? I did not order the surround sound so are these speakers inoperative...I do get sound from the TV and cab speakers. Is the A/B swittch operative? Thanks in advance for your reply and help.
herbmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #33
Commercial Member

If you have the A/B switch it sounds like you have surround sound whether your ordered it or not. Could be a bad switch if you're getting sound out of the dash speakers.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #34

We've got a 2013 3010ds and can get the speakers to all come on when the DVD is playing but on the same settings when changed to tv we do not have all the speakers working. Does this have to do with they type of signal we are getting? Also, the dvd picture is fuzzy - does anyone know how to correct this?
zoa1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoa1066 View Post
We've got a 2013 3010ds and can get the speakers to all come on when the DVD is playing but on the same settings when changed to tv we do not have all the speakers working. Does this have to do with they type of signal we are getting? Also, the dvd picture is fuzzy - does anyone know how to correct this?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #36

Yep, we already reviewed this which is why we have the audio working (thanks).

I am still not sure if we can get any better quality of picture while playing the DVD. My guess is that we are playing a standard DVD on an HD TV and the DVD player can't upgrade the quality - is that correct or is there a solution?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
Commercial Member

I think it is more to do with the switch box. You're taking a digital signal and converting it to an analog coax signal. The best connection would be directly into the back of the TV...not through a switch box, but then you would need one DVD to feed one TV.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #38

That sounds reasonable. I haven't attempted to get behind the TV to see if we can connect a different DVD player - is that difficult?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
Commercial Member

In theory, no. II know on the front entertainment center there are some screws hidden by some wood buttons. On that 3010 side TV...I think its a little different. I do know there are some "rubber feet" that screw in and out near the corners. Those create some pressure on the TV to keep it from rattling. Adjust those first to get some play and you should be able to see if it is a fixed bracket or a lift off type. Not in the office today or I would check.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #40

I just ordered a 2013 3010 ds Sunseeeker. It has 4 tv's with that switch box system. I plan on having the dealer show me exactly how it works b4 i leave the lot. I'm pretty tech savy, but all the posts about that system makes me a little nervous.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote